Need more low end. 1990srv mod

1. The carb came off a cat.
2. Why wouldn't that throttle body work? What would not make it work?
1. Yes, I know that. :wink:
2. Not every throttle block can pull a VM-40 thottle all the way to WOT !
Some throttle blocks has too little ratio to pull up the VM-40 throttle to WOT.

Never new that. I am learning something every time I talk to you guys. So you think I should call RSI and ask them ? Then I wonder if they would tell me if that one on ebay would work. The one on ebay is about $110 if the new one is close I rather go with the one that is going to work the wright way. Because when I call the guy on ebay he might not no

Sent from my iPhone

This is something I pondered as well. I have a 44mm set up that I have for my exciter that I will be digging into shortly. A cat throttle block may work however the kill switch will work in reverse...i.e. on is off and off is on. Ditching the oil injection would make it easier, or going to twin 38's would be a sinch. That single carb set up is a pain because there were not many single carb sleds that pulled big slides. I'll text you a pic of a block I made for my Yami/Cat conversion.

This is something I pondered as well.
I have a Mikuni VM-44 set up that I have for my Exciter that I will be digging into shortly.
A Arctic Cat throttle block may work however the kill switch will work in reverse...i.e. on is off and off is on.
Ditching the oil injection would make it easier. That single carb set up is a pain because there were not many single carb sleds that pulled big slides.
I'll text you a pic of a block I made for my Yami/Cat conversion.
If you use a throttle block from a Ski-Doo modell that had Mikuni VM-40/44 from factory
the kill switch works just as on a Yamaha sled !
Problem solved !

Back