Building a black srx

Yep 98...I had a look and I also don't think they are available anymore

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I have an all black srx seat, I should also have some decent black bellypans. Pm me if interested

I know my 99 srx has black grips. Seems like they weren't available anymore but I could be wrong. I would be interested in your blue grips if you want to get rid of them.

Last edited:
I know my 99 srx has black grips. Seems like they weren't available anymore but I could be wrong. I would be interested in your blue grips if you want to get rid of them.

sure thing as soon as I find some black ones!!! I have a complete set of blue SRX plastic very awesome condition

Black plastic parts

Well i think i found some black plastic, only catch is i have to go pick a sled up and disassemble it for another forum member and part it out for him. No problem as i am used to doing whatever it taker to get it done. Meanwhile mac loaned me a clutch puller since mine is 300 miles away so i can pull the clutch, then the motor out of the project srx.

I am not looking forward to removing the rivets to get the blue plastic off. I hope i can only remove as many as i need to to keep the 3 pieces together instead of removing all the rivets and having 3 pieces. I might need this blue plastic for my other 2001 srx. My powder coater is anxiuosly awaiting the srx chassis so he can do it up in black
016.JPG015.JPG

go to yamahapartshouse.com and you can insert the year and sled and model search the diagrams for the whole sled and you can buy one there or look at part number and buy it somewhere else. but it tells you the part number of every part on the sled on that website.

The tunnel is now black where I want it. I did not powder coat rather I used IMRON which is extremely tough stuff. I wanted to keep the front aluminum just as the factory did, and I did not want to remove all the heat exchangers ect... Much better choice this way.

srxin black.jpg
srxinprimer.jpg

Ohlins?

Got my shocks ready. Fronts are viper length and the rear is an apex gt converted to clicker. Thanks to don thompson.OHLINS SHOCKS.jpg

Back