Building a black srx

OK ! Now let's bring on the Hauck 780 turbo motor!

Waiting for TITANIUM shafts.........

Last edited:
Update

SRX IN ASSY1.jpg
Finally getting to spend some time on assy. Waiting on some side panels. very hard to get good ones. I already bought 2 sets and the set I just took of a wreck were not good. Anyone have any nice black panels?

SRX IN ASSY.jpgAPEX SKID IN SRX.jpg

Black srx

Sorry for the lack of posting. I am waiting for my Viper trailing arms to come back from the fabricator. I am in boarding and reinforcing the lower mount to make up for the WIDE kit and the Viper shocks. Did not do this on my other SRX and the shocks lay down with reduces their effectiveness.

Got my clutch back from Mirco Belmont, and thanks to Don Thompson for doing the recalibration on it!

Still waiting for a decent set of BLACK belly pans. I have a set I bought from AL's Snowmobile Parts in Vermont that are decent and my auto body expert is gong to try and work some magic making them look better.

Got my custom seat cover BLACK AND SILVER from an internet source. I could not find anyone locally that can print the YAMAHA lettering on it so it looks like the seat will not be lettered. Apparently printing on vinyl is extremely difficult. Anyone???

You might consider spraying the black panels with black plasti dip. I had a 98 srx with black panels. Someone painted the registration numbers with white paint on the black panels. I sprayed it with plasti dip just for the heck of it, and actually turned out great and held up well. Good thing about it is if it doesn't turn out to your liking, it can be peeled off.

Have not done much. waiting for my side panels and trailing arms. I did install the black and silver seat cover. I could not find anyone to do the lettering on the seat. Seems that lettering on vinyl is a problem

SRX PROJECT9.jpg

Awesome man. I agree with you, the silver needs to go. Great looking sled.

needs to bee all black or just the lower pad silver with some other silver accents. Sorry about not knowing your front shocks were ohlins. I would have ground those bushings down before installing them.

Yes I used the bars from a 2002 Viper. Just waiting on a black seat cover and to reinstall all the hood vents ect. I also need to remove the tunnel protectors since the track is hitting them. After that it's fire up time then final alignment and delivery to it's new home on Tug Hill

Back