Building a black srx

Looks great Joe. I can't wait to see what the sled will look like in the snow. Keep me posted on how it runs once you get a chance to test it out on the white top.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was a big job and since I got the sled in early September, I think we finished this project in record time. The hardest part was getting 2 decent black belly pan panels. I did finally after buying 6 of them get 2 decent ones that my body guy did an amazing job on. Thanks to Billy at Rick's Auto Body. Just down to filling it with fluids and transporting it up to Tug Hill next weekend for a little testing. Damn this thing is WIDE. It measures 45 inches center of spindle to center. I think the in boarding of the shocks to make up for the WIDE kit was a good move since they now sit up like they would on a stock Viper. Thanks to Billy of ARCO steel for the mods to the Viper trailing arm. Also thanks to BOOMER here on the forum for shock and clutch consultation and BETHEVIPER for the awesome wide kit and shock mounts. I think this front end is going to work amazingly well. As far as the APEX GT rear skid, I think it is going to take a little trial and error to tune it in. Oh, Thanks to Travis from BARN O PARTS for the awesome brackets that allowed me to mount the APEX skid. It fit so nice I decided to do my other Blue SRX the same way. I gotta plug Scotty's for the awesome black seat cover.

The black srx

WELL I have to say the Black SRX was a big hit on TUG HILL, NY last year. I rode it a few times and it really is so much better than a stocker. The APEX rear skid made a huge difference and the wide kit with the relocated shock mounts made up for the extra width. The sled looks so much like it would have if Yamaha ever made a black one. My decal guy did an awesome job making sure the cowl decals matched the design of the original white stripes. Cost a bundle but well worth it. I did goof on afew people and told the I bought it from Yamaha as a special order. This year I have fresh 780 motor going in with...... you guessed it...... black cylinder heads courtesy of JET HOT COATINGS

Your SRX looks Wicked man, awesome and fast build, I had fun reading about and and didnt realize this post stared 2 yrs ago lol. Good to hear that the SRX is still gong strong. How about uploading some under the hood pics?? I bet everyone would love them also.

Back