Chaincase oil? What to use?

I'm running royal purple synthetic for my second year this year. I had good results last year it seemed to produce less fuzz on the magnet.

I have used amsoil chaincase oil for about 3 years. Seems to keep its consistency in the cold where as gear oil will thicken up and make the sled harder to get moving in the morning. Seems to come out cleaner as well at the end of the season.

used amsoil for 4 years and been through both chaincases since then more than once and it has done a great job.

I've always used atf in my trail sleds and never had a problem. I change it often though.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

You can use jam as long as you change it every year, point being change the case oil yearly. I use mobile one synthetic gear oil. You can get 3 oil changes out of one bottle. Any synthetic gear oil will be fine, i used to use amsoil but the mobile one is cheaper and ive found it comes out cleaner at the yearly oil change. $11.00 a bottle.

It also seem on par with the maxima oil it is also just synthetic chaincase oil right?
Mobile 1 is very close. I just prefer Maximas 70W vs Mobiles 75W. Just personal preference. Use whatever weight/vis gear oil you'd like. Just make sure it is top notch. After all, an automobiles timing chains longevity is directly related to engine oil quality.
Ask yourself when doing the oil change
1. How much metallic fur ended up coming off of the magnetic dipstick in one season.
2. How much chain tensioner adjustment is needed.
Both of these points are related to oil quality.
After all, on a hot day would you like to drink a Steel Reserve or a Corona.

Last edited:
Reading it I was starting to see why amsoil was a good choice. Then I get to the end and see sponsored by amsoil lol makes me apprehensive of results.

Back