Srx gears for top end

Darcy

I've got another 2001 srx just did a fresh rebuild has v force reeds and bender can along with bender clutch kit was thinking about going up a tooth or two on the top gear anyone tried it if so how'd it work

Thanks for the reply I no the pipe slows it down was looking to get what I lost back buy keeping it would the can give me more bottom end

The guy said it had blown up a couple times befor but he only replace one piston every Tim it blew up I think it was blowing up do to all the hole in the air box and the ram air he had in the dash was running to lean so I've repace the air box and coverd the ram air

I would stick with the stock gearing also. I had 23/37 with 8 tooth drivers and this year I switched to 24/40 (pretty much the same as stock) with 9 tooth drivers and it seems a little sluggish to me so I am going to try a 23 tooth and see what that is like.

Was think just going one tooth on the top and leave the bottom buy rite you would think it should make the bottom gear spin faster buy making the top bigger as long as it doesn't rob to much rmp witch I could get back with clutching

Your going to get a fine for the can if it is a trail sled.The gearing is fine for trails and lakes and drag racing when it comes right down to it.

Some on here like the bigger top gear since it doesn't spin as bad on takeoff. It does take more power to pull it. There is more to top speed than gearing. Good clutching and rolling resistance probably would make a bigger difference. If you have something to compare like another sled to race as a constant you could try different gears and see which is better.

Your going to get a fine for the can if it is a trail sled.The gearing is fine for trails and lakes and drag racing when it comes right down to it.

Is the bender can really that loud? Are cops really that anal? I'll be riding in Huntsville Ontario this year.
I was thinking about gearing too so this thread is some good info! Thanks guys have at it

Last edited:
Depends on what you call loud but yeah they are that loud. I've got a bender can on my 97 600 twin and its loud it drowns out my phazer with dg pipe and my stock 95 vmax4 800.
Don't know about Ontario but here in southwest Michigan it depends on who stops you and where your at. We usually only have problems with the young cops and the ones who don't like sleds.

Is the bender can really that loud? Are cops really that anal? I'll be riding in Huntsville Ontario this year.
I was thinking about hearing too so this thread is some good info! Thanks guys have at it

No they just echo a bit,yes they like your money,huntsville as well.

No they just echo a bit,yes they like your money,huntsville as well.

Cops like my money lol! I don't think so cause they don't get it. I think some of them just like to be dicks! You said Huntsville as well????? As in Huntsville likes my money or you'll be riding there this season?

Cops like my money lol! I don't think so cause they don't get it. I think some of them just like to be dicks! You said Huntsville as well????? As in Huntsville likes my money or you'll be riding there this season?
I got dinged for my pipes in lake muskoka last year... 4 TIMES...yes you read that right... My buddy from orillia runs a turbo viper and he also got 4 tickets last season. My other buddy got two tickets on his 800 gade with mbrp can. Also got a speeding ticket in collingwood. People are getting out of the sport because of it. It's a total nightmare.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I got dinged for my pipes in lake muskoka last year... 4 TIMES...yes you read that right... My buddy from orillia runs a turbo viper and he also got 4 tickets last season. My other buddy got two tickets on his 800 gade with mbrp can. Also got a speeding ticket in collingwood. People are getting out of the sport because of it. It's a total nightmare.

HOLY F! do cops just pull people over and right away say oh it's too loud here's a ticket! Wtf! That sucks man! This speeding ticket you got???? I assume on a trail with a posted limit? I'm hoping I can let this thing hang on the lakes with no issues.

HOLY F! do cops just pull people over and right away say oh it's too loud here's a ticket! Wtf! That sucks man! This speeding ticket you got???? I assume on a trail with a posted limit? I'm hoping I can let this thing hang on the lakes with no issues.
Yes speeding was on marked trail. It was an old rail line very very wide. If I was going to hit something it would have to fall out of the sky in-front of me. They nailed me and my buddy. Lakes are fair game. They are everywhere on the trail. They do radar in all the towns at trail intersections. If they suspect that your sled has any modifications to the exhaust they will make you pop the hood and inspect it. I always play dumb but they almost always write tickets. I had a cop in cold-water let me go cause he said i was taking it nice and easy.

Yes you will get a ticket for sure with a bender can, it is loud and sounds much different than stock. I got nailed twice in one weekend for my "stock" sounding Aaen pipes which are pretty quiet, so I thought.

Back