03 Viper runing rough

Hello all, I am just posting a video to see if anyone has any ideas, I have checked the harness, its ok, as i can see, and the harness on the hood, has some fraying, im going to strip and check, also recheck the whole harness, then re wrap it, she was warming up for 10 minutes beforehand, it was plus 3C here and had a bit of raining, i need to get her into the shed again i knows, the soother someone mentioned, and the CDI box, where is that located, I looked in a schematic, couldnt find it, also checked google, just gave me shops with them in stock...
She seems to be runnign on 2 cylinders, all but the PTO side, its strange, they are all new plugs
Any advice would be great, sorry for the bad video, I am not proficient in any capture of anything, hunting another matter LOL

did you check for spark on the cylinder that is not firing. they make a tool that you can use and see the spark. Might be a bad coil? Did you clean the carbs?

I'd say that because your gauges are out that you've got a rub through somewhere. Possibly under your motor. There's wires that run down beside your pull cord that can come out of their home so to speak and the pull cord can rub through them. Something to check. I lost my gauges once because the cable in the hood came loose and rubbed through on my pipes. I think your on the right track. Also make sure to clean the fly wheel of any rust, check plugs, plug wires and all wires for rub through as these are all common issues.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I checked, the spark, she sparks on all coils, the carbs had a quick clean, next time I take them off I'm going to change the fuel lines also, a precaution, should I go with the cheap vinyl or the black rubber? Thought I'd ask.

I'm going to try take the exhaust off and the recoil to check everything, I need a flywheel puller and clutch puller for the sled tho, I checked the hood harness, it had a few places, well alot taped, most of the length was taped but still was soaked and I'm letting it dry and then checking it over once more before I re tape and it's lithium grease correct? dad uses Vaseline haha

Vaseline or dielectric grease. However Neither are a conductor.

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I set her out in the cold, the center cylinder was dead, spark plug was good, the cap arced between the connection and the wire, had to snip a bit had a few wires that made the connection, runs better, but going to pull the harness to check and the relays, and check the resistance

Ok gang, she runs better, ni rubs in the harness, only problem the gauge pod, no nights, tack doesn't move, no warning lights, and head lights are dim, no change between the high and low beams, I'm guessing the relay, if not I'm at a loss. Going to replace it now

Back