03 Viper runing rough

i assume you changes the plugs? mine fouls plugs and does the same thing. was this your first start of the year of happen mid season?

i assume you changes the plugs? mine fouls plugs and does the same thing. was this your first start of the year of happen mid season?
It has happened all the time since I got her in 2013, but the dash was broken and ni windshield, so I didn't notice till the pod was hooked up, I believe it's the stator, the pod works when the headlights are disconnected, grips and thumb warmers works, the tail light goes dark when lever pressed and she almost dies, but no rubs in the harness, and the regulator is fine, the cdi I'm nervous to check, I'm going to change the stator, she fouls plugs but this year she's ok, the center cylinder had a standard ngk cap, I changed that but the wire needed snipping, runs like a top now, just this annoyance now, this has been about 3 weeks into our snow season, it all melted went to plus 3 Celsius with rain, then we got a lot 8 inches, thick ice on the lake and a bit of drifting, loves it lol, I'll post when I check the stators resistance

Sent from my D5106 using Tapatalk

doesn't matter if they were new last season, I used to have a ski doo formula 3 and it would take three new plugs almost every second or third ride. put new ones in and it would purr. easiest to always replace all three at once. not saying this is your problem but its an easy fix and sounds like what happens to me

doesn't matter if they were new last season, I used to have a ski doo formula 3 and it would take three new plugs almost every second or third ride. put new ones in and it would purr. easiest to always replace all three at once. not saying this is your problem but its an easy fix and sounds like what happens to me
I fully agree, I usually do change them, but they were put in new in July, I took the old ones out and put them in an atv

I'm thinking stator, since unhooking the headlight and reducing the load makes it all work again.

I tried to test the stator, I couldn't keep the leads in the connections going to try it hooked up to run it to see the output, it should be equal in all connections, correct? If it is the same, could it be the flywheel?

Ok guys n gals been awhile, I have a used stator, flywheel, and the connector was damaged, I mean shattered, I'm trying to figure which wires are in which socket. It's the triangular one, can anyone enlighten me?
d455077aeba912a6d1351af7978b7558.jpg

Ok guys n gals been awhile, I have a used stator, flywheel, and the connector was damaged, I mean shattered, I'm trying to figure which wires are in which socket. It's the triangular one, can anyone enlighten me?

Did you look at the wire color on the mating plug?

Did you look at the wire color on the mating plug?

OK to relive my horrors of last spring, I got my stator out, the one i have is the wrong size, the magneto is too big in body and size LOL.......

my magneto is looking good, some shiny, never taken off lol, the inner edege closest to the side thats facing you it has a dimpling pattern on it, the stator i dont see any damage, what can i do now thats its out of the machine? the local shop wants 1200 plus 5 hours service to actual put it in......... im not lettign them do it, no warranty at all

Back