SRX 700 rebuid

How do you measure center to center?

The the belt was about .06 inch out of the secondary. However, the belt has stopped squeaking. I think it may have just been a little antifreeze that got spilled when cleaning the carbs.

I pulled the power valves on my 2000 SRX and the #3 was not attached to its cable. I got the power valve out ok, but wondering what happened. Did the power valve get wollered out and now the cable won't stay attached?

When adjusting tracks, I could not get a perfect even alignment and deflection on all 4 sleds. On one sled for example, I had say 1.45 inch droop on right and 1.22 droop on left with about .64 track sticking out left and .69 right. Is this within reason?

Any thoughts on using ATF for the chain case oil?

Ok great, the chain oil was milky, so figure, I'll drain it and run ATF to get through season and hopefully clean case.

So that is what a pull through looks like. Is that 3/16 tube brake line by chance? I'm thinking I like the idea of a roll pin, will see what i can find tomorrow.

Any input regarding track adjustment? I can't seem to get the same displacement even, (right side compared to left equal) and still keep the alignment.

Got the pull through fixed. I used a roll pin or tension pin from my local hardware store. I would not recommend the roll pin however, because it ate up 2 drill bits to get it done. I'm thinking brake line might work easier.

Does anyone have experience replacing the TPS?

Back