Rox running boards

captnviper

Lifetime Member
What are guys using on the outer edge on a viper for grip? I'm thinking sheet metal screws.

They are awesome. I looked for a set for a long time after riding my dads sled with them. Ended up making a set. I'd prob pay 250 for new pair though.(if I needed them) I just worked at a small fab shop and got the material for free, figured why not take a stab at it. I'll see if I can find a pic when I added the edges.

I have sheet metal screws on the rolled edge of my mountain max and it works great. i spaced them about every 2". I picked up one of those value tubs at home depot. 1/4" heads with about 1/4" thread so they don't want to poke out the back side. put a strip of masking tape on the rolled lip so you have a straight edge to follow, mark the spacing then center punch so the screw doesn't wander when it's drilling. I buy the harbor freight spring loaded center punches by the handful. I keep one in every tool box and my drill bag, it makes the layout super easy.

The edges were always an add-on and the design changed a couple times. I think those grip strips will be fine for the edge.

I also used track spikes from running shoes in the dimple die holes.

Last edited:
I hav the rox treads was wondering about the edge I bought them used and the edge is smooth with a bunch of holes. so i bought these hope they work http://roxspeedfx.com/collections/s...p-strip-kit-10-per-package?variant=1178514941 do they normally come with something for that spot?

Those are the new version of the rox edge grips, those look way better. I did a version of BTV's running board mod on my wife's Sled. I took cat rails to make them wider then filled in the gap with diamond plate and riveted together. They are nice and wide with good grip. I'll see if I can get a pic up with my phone. Not good with this thing. Lol!

Back