Checking belt align and deflection how to?

Deflection is how high the belt sits in the secondary should be just above flush, or lift the back of the sled and the track should not move while the sled idles but you can with me finger move it, I don't mind if mine creeps a little when I check it this way. To change deflection there is 3 tiny bolts on the back side of the secondary that adjust how close the sheaves get when closed, they have washers and a new belt may require the washers be removed. The tip also wears overtime and need replacing. Offset requires a tool that is placed behind the clutches there are probably directions on here to build one.

Well I find some stuff out tonight....
First off no track/belt creep. Belt sitting way low in the sec sheave. Belt measured 32.7mm, wear limit is 32.5mm so I hear. My new belt is 34.5mm. I installed it and now the track/belt creeps a bit. Also the belt is riding 2.5mm above the sheave. I hear 1.5 is ideal but I haven't revved the cramp out of it yet just a couple throttle blips to get things moving. It may sink a bit more I assume?
Thanks capt viper for the help!
Hopefully now I'll get a ton more accel, rpm and mph. I'm down a bunch:(
Do clutch springs wear out over time. I assume so but after how long/how old? I've got 4000kms and they're original springs from 99. Thanks guys

Yes springs def wear out, I would replace yours. Primary spring sacked out would cause under rpm condition, weak secondary will not back shift properly. Have you ever replaced anything on the clutches?

Yes agree with captn. Some people replace springs every year. They are cheap from the dealer

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

Yes springs def wear out, I would replace yours. Primary spring sacked out would cause under rpm condition, weak secondary will not back shift properly. Have you ever replaced anything on the clutches?

I have not replaced anything on the clutches yet but I did clean them and look them over. No flat spots on rollers, they're moving freely, weights have no flat spots either they look good. The 3 plastic pieces for the helix surprisingly loll good too. Maybe they've been changed but not by me. I will change the pri and sec springs. Clean the clutches and I will report back this weekend with hopefully a wicked mph and rpm experience! :) thanks guys.
Anything else I should check out with the clutches?
To add to this my belt was fubar'd, I found a pretty big split between 2 cogs. Glad I swapped it out before an explosion

this is very critical on the performance of your srx, that sometimes gets over looked. exactly why the three small set screws with the washers are so important. that little bit of height for me on the asphalt. flush 114-115 mph. set to spec. 121 mph. 3:16x (yammie tony)

this is very critical on the performance of your srx, that sometimes gets over looked. exactly why the three small set screws with the washers are so important. that little bit of height for me on the asphalt. flush 114-115 mph. set to spec. 121 mph. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Good to know! Do you think 2.5 mm is ok? Like I stated above it may sink a bit once I rev it up high but not positive. Have only revved it up enough to engage it and get things turning.
Thanks for all the good info guys I appreciate it

Eh while we're on this topic.....my dads sleds....87&88 phazer, 86&87 XLV, and a 93 exciter SX. Same spec for belt deflection? A little above the sheave? Same way to adjust it? The special bolts and washers?

Anyone know if the belt will sink deeper in the secondary at all if I rev the piss out of it ? I only reved it enough to engage the clutches. If it doesn't sink, at 2.5mm i will get belt squeal? Any issues at all etc? This spec of 1.5 mm is the belt height and belt deflection is the amount it moves if you were to put a straight edge across the belt and press down in the center. That distance is deflection correct?

Back