02 MM700 Motor In Go-Kart

ALLFUN112

Hello,,New to site,,I am building a project using a ported 02 mm700 motor,,I will be asking lots of question soon,,Hope to hear from lots of you!!!

To start,,This motor was set-up for running in the mtns. I will be using it at about 1600ft and average temp. of 55-65 degrees. I have built a radiator system for cooling,,wondering what I should start with for carb jets and clutch springs..I have a brand new rack of 33mm carbs and stock clutches..I am looking for major low end and mid-range..Should say,,motor has been ported to Bender specs,,including case matching,,advanced keyway, a Peak Performance head,,and I have a new set of SLP pipes going on it,,I am using the complete drivetrain from the sled..It is all mocked -up on a small trailer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info,,,i think setting up the clutching will be the hardest,,the buggy is all aluminum and only weights about 400lbs.

Nobody wants to buy my motor from my vmax it seems so I've really been throwing ideas like this thru my head. What are you using after the chaincase to drive your axle?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nobody wants to buy my motor from my vmax it seems so I've really been throwing ideas like this thru my head. What are you using after the chaincase to drive your axle?

I am going to put some pictures of the buggy on here soon!!!

My plan is to have the original drive shaft turned down and put a #60 double sprocket on that ,,then put the same sprocket on the axle..This will then keep a 1 to 1 ratio there,,I will mess with the gearing in the case later.

The buggy has a Arctic Cat 440 freeair in it now,,it will do about 70,,but it is time to go Wild

Going to remove the steering wheel and change over to the snowmobile handle bars,,,found a company to make all the original cables to a longer length

Can anyone give me some thoughts about the clutching to start with,,I know that there will be way less friction to the ground compared to a snowmobile..

I don't want to over-rev the motor on take offs,,,I do want it to hit hard and fast at blast -off though !!!

You should get heavy hitters or heel clickers, making it adjustable. Mrviper700 is the go to guy for heel clickers. I imagine you would want to load the motor more with a quick shift curve being that it is so light. But I'm no expert.

You should get heavy hitters or heel clickers, making it adjustable. Mrviper700 is the go to guy for heel clickers. I imagine you would want to load the motor more with a quick shift curve being that it is so light. But I'm no expert.

thank-you,,,I am trying to find somesome that will take alittle time and give me the basics of this items you mentioned,,I have been reading a lot of posts on clutching
and learning a lot

I take that the stock clutchs don't use these??? Are they a add-on ??

These are aftermarket weights and springs that have a good profile to start with and have locations in them to add or remove weight making them easily adjustable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They go in the stock clutch just fine. Just make sure you know which cover you have. One is taller than the other and it will effect the spring you choose. Normally you would want the tall cover

These are aftermarket weights and springs that have a good profile to start with and have locations in them to add or remove weight making them easily adjustable.

Is there a post or location that would help explain how and what these items do??

Sorry for being Un-knowledgeable on this,,I love to learn and hope to get this down,,in the past I just jumped on my sled and went,,now I need to know what made it move!!! Thanks

My plan is to have the original drive shaft turned down and put a #60 double sprocket on that ,,then put the same sprocket on the axle..This will then keep a 1 to 1 ratio there,,I will mess with the gearing in the case later.

The buggy has a Arctic Cat 440 freeair in it now,,it will do about 70,,but it is time to go Wild

I like the concept of your project, but without a clutch, how will the engine idle without moving?

I think he's referring to the driveshaft after the clutches and chaincase. Would still go thru those first.

Back