My "New" Baby

No it doesn't if that's the case. I'm interested. Please send me the info if you don't mind.

it is on the vintage yamaha snowmobiles facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Vintage-Yamaha-Snowmobiles-165841784413/?fref=ts
I just found more info on it.
It was uncrated April 2015
has 21 miles on it now. Complete wiring has been changed to 2002 style with dual headlight, 2000 Sxr Radius rods, makes it an inch wider, new 1" Predator Track with 96 studs, Shocks were all recharged, Dupon Hyfax, 4th Wheel kit, Boyesen Reeds, Dalton Clutch Kit, HyVo gears and Chain, 7.5 shaper carbides, spare belt and plugs.
You don't see opportunities like this much for a new sled for $4500! Contact: Bill at : Billgohr@aol.com to view and discuss purchase. Phone: 847-356-3245 or 847-274-9378

Last edited:

Please... for the love of God don't start it or drive it... what a beautiful looking sled. I'd do what my buddy got done to his beautiful 440 showpiece. He built a frame for it, mounted it to the side of the wall of his garage and used chain from the ceiling down to hold weight. Then he parked the 440 on it.

I've come close to owning a 2001 with 900kms but it got snagged. My ears and eyes are always peeled for a low km srx. GREAT FIND.

it is on the vintage yamaha snowmobiles facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Vintage-Yamaha-Snowmobiles-165841784413/?fref=ts
I just found more info on it.
It was uncrated April 2015
has 21 miles on it now. Complete wiring has been changed to 2002 style with dual headlight, 2000 Sxr Radius rods, makes it an inch wider, new 1" Predator Track with 96 studs, Shocks were all recharged, Dupon Hyfax, 4th Wheel kit, Boyesen Reeds, Dalton Clutch Kit, HyVo gears and Chain, 7.5 shaper carbides, spare belt and plugs.
You don't see opportunities like this much for a new sled for $4500! Contact: Bill at : Billgohr@aol.com to view and discuss purchase. Phone: 847-356-3245 or 847-274-9378

Thanks for the info! I sent an email to him to see if it's still available.

Please... for the love of God don't start it or drive it... what a beautiful looking sled. I'd do what my buddy got done to his beautiful 440 showpiece. He built a frame for it, mounted it to the side of the wall of his garage and used chain from the ceiling down to hold weight. Then he parked the 440 on it.

I've come close to owning a 2001 with 900kms but it got snagged. My ears and eyes are always peeled for a low km srx. GREAT FIND.

Thanks for the nice compliments! I'm not sure about the frame for it, lol, but I will ensure that it sits on display in climate controlled area with cover on it. It may get started now and then and see snow/ice for maybe a few miles a year, but I will assure you it stays as it looks now.

WELL this one will make most all of the new 4 strokes jealous I'd say !!!! Still one of the meanest looking best working sleds ever made... Great find man, keep her gorgeous

Report back here if you end up buying it, I'd like to see pics!

So Apparently he sold that '99 SX to his buddy who is riding it. 800 miles on it now. Kinda a shame.

That said, I'm open to any triple 2 stroke Yamaha like this (like new or exceptionally clean). SRX, Viper, Venom, SX...doesn't matter. Please let me know if there are any out there. Thanks!

So Apparently he sold that '99 SX to his buddy who is riding it. 800 miles on it now. Kinda a shame.

That said, I'm open to any triple 2 stroke Yamaha like this (like new or exceptionally clean). SRX, Viper, Venom, SX...doesn't matter. Please let me know if there are any out there. Thanks!

That really sucks, that sled should have been left the way it was and not ridden.

I used to collect, polish and post pics but after all is said and done these were built to ride not sit in waiting. Ride and clean it when your done and it will look real close to the way it started the day. I bought a new 02 SRX snow checked and would be hard pressed to get the original price out of it now even if I never put a mile on it. Here is a link to a pick of how it still looks today with over 4000 miles.
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33548

I had a 95 vmax4 with 36 original miles I sold a few years back and the only regret I have now is that I never rode it.

I used to collect, polish and post pics but after all is said and done these were built to ride not sit in waiting. Ride and clean it when your done and it will look real close to the way it started the day. I bought a new 02 SRX snow checked and would be hard pressed to get the original price out of it now even if I never put a mile on it. Here is a link to a pick of how it still looks today with over 4000 miles.
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33548

I had a 95 vmax4 with 36 original miles I sold a few years back and the only regret I have now is that I never rode it.

Wow. Nice job keeping that SRX that clean! It looks amazing.

I know what you are saying about riding them but the value of this machine is intrinsic to me and me alone. I'm not anticipating a huge windfall profit from it 20 years from now. I have a new Polaris to ride trails with and my wife has a new Doo GSX I ride occasionally. Winter is pretty short to try to ride more then 1 sled. So, that said it will probably come out for a couple ice runs a year just to keep the juices flowing!

Thanks for the input!

I agree....sleds were meant to be ridden but if you have a 17 year old sled, zero miles and still in the crate I think it should be left alone. I mean.....who can say that they have a sled that old with zero miles?! not many.

I would ride the shit out of it haha that's just me. Ain't no fun sitting there looking pretty

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

I feel the same way Youllbe2nd, I for sure would want to ride a mint machine, but would be very anal doing so...lol

But then again, if I did own said machine, I would ride it knowing it was never leaving my ownership. I'd just ride to show it off basically. Watch Yammi enthusiasts come drool over it...lol

It will go out every now and again but just enough to keep everything moving and so I can get my enjoyment out of it, but I have other sleds to ride day to day. If I do that with this one it will just end up like every other SRX out there.

Back