99 SRX accelerates good then loses power...help!!!

b2001srx

Sled is a 99, had 8700 miles on it, compression on all 3 cylinders is 130. Checked power valves and have cleaned the carbs at beginning of this past winter. My last ride of the season I was doing a few short drags across the yard and I encountered my problem. The sled pulled good out of the hole but as I got up to speed and rpms, the sled just kinda loses power and doesn't accel like it should. I noticed if I'm cruising along and pin it the sled takes off like its suppose to, but from a stop and go it acts up.

Kinda sounds like a dirty carb problem Or maybe a pv pull through. Have you checked them since the problem occurred?

Things to check or replace

Sparkplugs/caps
Slack in throttle cable proper cable routing/oil cable in boot properly
chokes and cable
rust on flywheel for pickup/or week stator not powering the pv servo properly
pv servo itself
wireing rubthrew
top hat screens dirty in carbs
sticky clutch/bad belt

Kinda sounds like a dirty carb problem Or maybe a pv pull through. Have you checked them since the problem occurred?

I have checked the pv's since the problem occurred, no pull outs and don't seem to be sticking, all cables were free and moving. My first thought was carbs

i think your problem might be in your secondary, possibly belt deflection out of spec, or possibly weak/bad spring. now sure could be afew other things, but i would start at clutches. actually check primary too. i don,t think its carbs because you posted your holeshot seems strong, and sure always check for harness rubs 3:16x (yammie tony)

Last edited:
I recently installed the one of mr.vipers clutch set ups in it, so both springs are brand new. I spoke with another member on here that said check the clutch bearings/bushings.

are your rpm droping when this happens ? 3:16x (yammie tony)

Yes they defiantly drop, not sure on exactly what they drop to. I felt the sled do it about 3 times and quit riding it so never got the chance to look. I'm seeing a lot on here that looks like it's leading to carbs or clutches

Like tony says you could be sucking the belt down on the secondary and with better traction on dirt/grass warm temps giving you less power will give you a bog.

it aint carbs. i don,t think. you posted it strong at hit of the throttle. go back to your clutches. make sure their clean, check spec,s belt deflection and c/c. also check your small set screws in the back .8mm. if the tips where out, you will drop belt to fast. 3:16x (yammie tony)

it aint carbs. i don,t think. you posted it strong at hit of the throttle. go back to your clutches. make sure their clean, check spec,s belt deflection and c/c. also check your small set screws in the back .8mm. if the tips where out, you will drop belt to fast. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Will go through the clutches this weekend and see what I find. Thanks to all that have put in any advice, I'll report back when I figure it out

My first thought was clutching as well. I would start there. Also that is the last thing you changed. Check your belt, is it new? If worn out it could be getting hung up. Also check your motor mounts. I had a belt hanging up caused by bolt coming out of the motor mount once. The change in tork from the new clutch set up could be tuging on the motor.

Back