99 srx. Grass drag setup HELP!!!!

mtnviper700

99 srx running ported motor hauck 10,200 pipes has 40-10 heel clickers been cut for higher engagement cant seem to get the proper clutching because setup now slips belt first 150 ft then comes to the front any help would be greatly appreciated pretty sad times coming from the sled ran a 6.041 @ 80mph in 500ft

don,t post your times because this sled is way off. need alot more info about your setup. if your slipping belt most of the time thats a secondary issue. 3:16x (yammie tony)

don,t post your times because this sled is way off. need alot more info about your setup. if your slipping belt most of the time thats a secondary issue. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Yeah sleds way off for sure!!!! running hauck D silver spring 20/39 primary has 40-10 red spring 3.2 shoulder 4.3 mid empty tip clutches are clean and running factory yami 8dn belt

are your clutches real hot to touch ? if your slipping the belt with heal clickers thats alittle troublesome because thats their strong point of clamping the belt. i also think this is the wrong helix, not for belt problem but this motor runs at 10,200 ? this sled need to spin up. cut that helix angle way back on finish. this is where i would start. give your clutches and belt huge scuffing, and buy a new spring for your secondary. start at around 90 twist. 3:16x (yammie tony)

I believe a 89L belt is a softer compound belt and as Yammiegod said cut way back on the finish on the helix. We have used those weights on our improver on the asphalt and they work well.

Go to like a 44/34 helix at 60 wrap and start from there
I was told not to run heelclickers on a high rpm sled

Go to like a 44/34 helix at 60 wrap and start from there
I was told not to run heelclickers on a high rpm sled

Engagement is around 5700 rpm yeah clutches are spotless scuff and cleaned every run and yes very hot to the touch i thought about trying 51/43 with silver spring cause i have secondary all setup

ok afew things. i would weight these weights. to spin 10,200, they have to be pretty lite to spin up, you than will have to add a cam with more finish , like around a 45 or a 47. if your slipping the belt, you sure don,t want 60 degree twist with any of the yamaha secondary springs. you might want to contact hauck and try the red secondary spring he has. that you set in 3/9 which is 60 degree,s but holds belt from dumping. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Last edited:
Yeah but if you go to a lower finish like 44/34 it does put more pressure on belt with a Silver at 60 and run 8ca or abs empty you do need the primary to spring at 10000 rpms

andy,i agree i would go to 8ca,s. but you can,t have lite weights and a very shallow finish. it won,t work. the primary and this motor has to sense a load somewhere. thats clutching 101. now don,t know this sled but assuming the rpm he wants to run, this is a full blow,in race motor. 3:16x (yammie tony)

I have ran heel clickers on high rpm srx for years and no issues. We use a blue and white bender secondary spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sorry should have said it sooner sorry guys it is a race only 16.5:1 compression race motor/sled think i may have found one of the issues cover bushing totally smoked i have all kinds of weights many sets of 8ca 8dn-00 8dn-10 8dn-20 89l 8ab 8bu-10 and many more couple springs all the primary heel clickers very few yamaha springs. Have silver secondary pink and green and heel clicker yellow ....im not great at clutching but get the basics why im reaching out to see if someone could send me in right direction. ..

Last edited:

Back