Dual bulb with remote battery LED system

There is almost no police presence where we ride, we do a lot of field riding and ditch banging. I've never been stopped or even seen anyone stopped around here, so I'm in the clear lol. I just can't wait for the snow and get a chance to use it haha!

Ok good, just keep that in mind if you decide to run on patrolled trails...its a good money grab for the DNR. Pray for snow!

Not sure if this is relevant to this topic or not, but I installed a lightbar on my handlebars today on a 2001 sxr 600 without a battery. I tapped into the h4 headlight socket and soldered a ac to dc converter into the ground and high beam wires. That way I still get the original halogen light with low beam and the LED comes on when I switch to high beam. Even at idle there is almost no flicker and when the rpms rise above 3k it is crisp.
fc03bd2d3fae5a024b29eb2a397b8367.jpg

9ef978f8e8a4c0edaf2ec3fe45ee8595.jpg

2bfa37957da9d2117466de06f53b4c73.jpg

651aaf3e5587001a853c20ca465c97a4.jpg

im running an hid kit in factory headlight using same method without a battery. thinking of taking it out alltogether and putting a small bar like that in its place. i would think the windshield is a little in the way where you have it and you would get some light reflected back?DSC_0088.jpg

im running an hid kit in factory headlight using same method without a battery. thinking of taking it out alltogether and putting a small bar like that in its place. i would think the windshield is a little in the way where you have it and you would get some light reflected back?View attachment 61902
That was the case at the beginning. I drilled 2 holes through the shield and put 2 bolts through it and put a nut on the back side to pull it in, which lowered it by about 2 inches. I painted the rounded bolt heads black and they blend right in. I guess it wouldn't have been that hard to just lift the brackets a little bit with spacers of some sort. I'm happy with the way it turned out and how it preforms though. I'm gonna throw up a couple of finished product pics this weekend.

Back