Clutch setup thoughts? 1 trail 1 lake.

don,t fall in love with engagement shims. they can find tune slightly but always a binding concern. i think your still gonna need to add some weight to these weights. also no clutch setup is bang and go. you will need to field test. 3:16x (yammie tony)

don,t fall in love with engagement shims. they can find tune slightly but always a binding concern. i think your still gonna need to add some weight to these weights. also no clutch setup is bang and go. you will need to field test. 3:16x (yammie tony)

I hear ya on the engagement shims and also on the testing. Still a bit confused on some of the stuff.

your mentioning more weight on the 89A-10's I assume? More than what amount though?
There were 3 89A-10 setups i posted. 1 with 2.4g, 1 with 2.4g & .8g, & the 3rd with 4.5g & .8g.

You also mentioned more finish on the helix than a 48/42.....so higher on the first number or second?

Sorry for nitpicking all the help you guys are giving me just need some clarification. I really do appreciate the help.

One last thing to note, across all clutch combos using yammy parts I'm noticing that helixes are within 6-8 numbers apart. As in 54/46, 51/43, 51/45, 50/44, 48/42 etc etc you get the drift. Seems like the 1000' lake run combos are 8 apart.

nick, throw your 89a-10 setup in and go. another words you need a base line. these weights start at 47 grams, so where you at may work. start with that 48-42 helix. if the sled over revs you can add more tip weight or try a different helix with a second higher number or change twist position. you have to wait to get it out. all those cams you listed are good cams, but notice the second #s on some are higher than the 42 you posted. that would affect your peak rpm running a higher #. 3:16x (yammie tony)

nick, throw your 89a-10 setup in and go. another words you need a base line. these weights start at 47 grams, so where you at may work. start with that 48-42 helix. if the sled over revs you can add more tip weight or try a different helix with a second higher number or change twist position. you have to wait to get it out. all those cams you listed are good cams, but notice the second #s on some are higher than the 42 you posted. that would affect your peak rpm running a higher #. 3:16x (yammie tony)

The 89A-10's I have are 51 grams right now with rivets in the base. No tip rivets....stock is 47.5 grams I see on tis site. So I have a good amount of weight to start. I'll grab the dalton 48/42 and see how she rips! Weelllllllll.....we need white stuff first lol! But when we get it I'll be sure to report back and let you guys know how it goes.
Thank you once again yammiegod and mrviper! Love you guys!

Back