SRX 700 Vs do 850 ??

furg69

What's everyone thoughts on the Srx 700 up against the new Etec 850 in 1000ft drag ? My 2001 Srx 700 still kicks an Etec 800r's ***. Also looking at using this setup to try this season 8bu weights 3.6 tip and 2.4 inner hole, white primary and green secondary, 51/43 helix. Anyone have any real experiences with this on a 2001. I heard it makes a huge difference in 1000

I love the srx but those 850's from doo are looking like they'll be quick. It'll be interesting to see though

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've heard nothing but good things, and insane throttle response

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The shootout they had last week or 2 weeks ago, the polaris 800 still beat the 850 Doo in both out the door stock and dealer prepped in a 1000ft I'd be more concerned with the Polaris Assault 800 and Pro S

Don't put too much stock into the shootout results. Sleds are still in break in mode and it's just one event. Conditions can favor one sled over another on one given day. Also the poo was a long track and the doo a short track. The real world shootout results will be interesting to see but again it's one race one day.

thats surprising from what I have read and heard. I wonder if the doos are in break in mode. cousin has an 800 etec that gets NOTICEABLY stronger as the day went on and he was farther through the breakin period. either way, fun to hear about :)

I ran against a new 850 today with my Pro Stock SRX in 660' snow drags. Granted, my SRX is not Stock but I beat it every time. The same 850 ran 106mph in 1500'.

The 850 did well, but a friend of mine beat him with his 2016 800 Backcountry X every time as well

they are blowing belts, and breaking the cast bulkheads on a moderate impact (no suspension damage) on the mountain models

they are blowing belts, and breaking the cast bulkheads on a moderate impact (no suspension damage) on the mountain models
I seen 2 pics on insta of this already. They didn't even bend the a arm and entire bulkhead cracked basically ruining the sled.

i took a ride on my buddies 850 doo, unbelievable power and suspension,they are way better then the xp chassis in the bumps i think the srx may have met its match.

Those 850s are nice(saw a summit version at the local doo dealer),the bulkheads look alot like the delta-box cast pieces on my RXwarrior.Problem is they seem to be not as strong:o|.Won,t want to put it through where my RXwarrior was yesterday breaking trail,over stumps and all:ORCjan 10 2017 (1).JPG

Last edited:

Back