30 psi in all 3 cylinders srx 600

Can you see any damage through the plug hole? Did it give any signs of trouble? Is the tester good? Need more info.

did you disassemble the oil pump or something and not bleed it? i would try another tester before anything.

No signs of damage to the pistons just looking through the plug hole and yes i bled the oil pump. I have been having trouble starting it since i rebult it thinking the carbs needed to be ajusted but after many nights of pulling the carbs and putting them back on. When it does start it has a low end bog when i pin it. When i feather it it rips hard and runs great. Im thinking now maybe it could be my power valves? I dont understand why it would be that low of compression tho? Plugs look great. Tried the compression tester in my sisters skidoo and she gets around 110 psi. So i dont think its the compression tester. Cylinders were all re-done when i built it. Nothings leaking from the heads. Everything is nice and clean.

Is it possible the rings are stuck? How is it pulling over. Can you feel compression or is it very easy to pull?

30 psi is extremely low, like blown up low. you would feel almost nothing when pulling it over. what are the chances that you toasted all 3 cylinders, exactly the same, at the same time. so think about this, what is the common variable between all 3? any lead up to this or all of a sudden? might be time to pull a jug and see whats going on.

How much oil did it go through in 300 miles? Check the oil pump cable just to confirm it is set correctly. Check the bracket that holds the oil pump cable on the oil pump and make sure the cable is hooked up at the throttle lever. When I bought my viper I found the bracket on the oil pump was broken. I am guessing the previous owner of it had the motor out and broke it installing the motor since it was freshly rebuilt. I was messing with it when I found it was broke and it would open somewhat depending on what the cable was catching on at the time so it wasn't like it was getting no oil just wasn't getting the right amount. Just another thing to check.

Well i would guess about a gallon on the oil. Im pretty sure the rings will only go on one way. I believe that there were markings on the rings when i bought them. Its the first time checking the compression. I never checked it after i rebuilt it so im not sure if it was all of the sudden or if it was like this as soon as i rebuilt it. I do know it has been hard to start since i rebuilt it. Ill pull the jugs and take a look at everything.

A two stroke won't run with only 30psi compression so if you can start it your gauge or method is bad. You may have other problems too but proper test info is key to to any diagnosis.

opsled

How does it feel when you pull the cord?You should have to pull it pretty good with a rebuild, 100 psi would be a lot easier to pull.

Just a thought but the rings are slightly tapered. If they are installed upside-down they will stick

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

did you install the pistons with the ring locating pins towards the intake, I have seen pistons installed backwards before

ever get it apart to inspect this? I don't know whats wrong but you can install the ring upside down, the "T" on the ring faces up when installed. 30 psi wouldn't even start the engine in my opinion, needs about a 100psi to run. hopefully its nothing major.

Back