SRX Bender 835 Help

pete_man26

Hey All,

Just recently picked up a SRX Bender 835 kit for a deal I could not turn away. I have all 3 cylinders, heads, powervalves, 2 pistons and rings. I will be ordering one more piston set tomorrow. Looking for any information I can get to keep this kit trail safe. I'm going to be running stock pipes with hauck growlers, cut air box, stock carbs. Squish is .045".

Looking for jetting starting point for -20C that I can work down from. (165 mains? needle? pilot?)
Fuel, premium 91 oct with octane boost?

Any other info would be much appreciated!

i think your good. we have a 835 on tar, ice and trail. and these all have more than you. mach z carbs and bb pipes. i believe were right around 162.5 mains. i think a 50 pilot and needle in middle. but again all bigger carbs than yours. i think your squish is close for 91 octane on the trail. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Will do! Haven't got a chance to order the piston set yet, ended up going out to the lake for a couple days, we've got roughly 24 inches in the last 3 weeks with more on the way today 2-6 inches again. Had some phone with my Attak and an old vmax xt 600.

Yammiegod, mains were the least of my worries. I was more concerned with the pilot and needle settings. Ill start with 50 pilot, 165 mains but still unsure about the needle. I'll be call Gerry at bender Canada to order the piston set, i'll ask is opinion too.

I ended up just getting off the phone with man himself who designed the kit and he's got the set on its way to me. Justin is fantastic person to talk to very smart, very nice and loves his yamahas! I'll be sure to call him back if I need anymore parts or help.

Now I just need some pipes! Anybody?

great, justin built a serious motor there, those bb pipes are huge for this setup. we have seen 190 at c&h in batavia on the one we have. 3:16x (yammie tony)

It might be a little tight, I think .050" would be better from what I've read. With that being said if this thing ever gets together it's going to be a lake monster now.

I've been searchin hard, pm'd a couple guys on here with no luck so far. Any help tracking them down is appreciated!

Update, think I found a guy on hardcore sledder out of Michigan that has a ceramic set of the bender big bore pipes. going to give him a call today to see if we can work something out! Starting to get excited.

On another note Ive read a lot about Mach Z carbs (38mm) but I think they only work with case porting, otherwise no gains. Any opinions? I'm planning on running stock carbs shelf out of air box with the pipes. Starting with 50 pilots and 165 mains, needle probably to highest position. I wanna be safe not sorry.

Thoughts???

Well guys I think my dreams are shattered. Sent me some pics and they are on a viper, I don't think they are big bore pipes just triple pipes for a viper. the center pipe curls over the pto and then over to the exhaust. I think this was the standard viper triple pipe design.:o|

Somebody has to have a set, I've been asking around like crazy!

Man this has been a roller coaster but I found a true big bore set in mint condition. might have them this weekend. on to the next step. some baseline jetting, any suggestions Im not going to hold it to you if it burns down but was thinking for -20C start with 165 165 167.?

Also ive heard a few times that the hot cylinder changes from PTO to the MAG with the pipes. any truth to this?

For those of you following along my build. I got my pipes and got it all together. Fired her up for the first time today and it is music to my ears. Definitely sounds different and very snappy on the throttle compared to stock. Very impressed. Can't wait to open her up, just been cruising around working the throttle lots. One thing I'm having is a lean idle hang and I'm running 50 pilots and yet I went to whack it at low speed and it was loaded up. It was 32 F here today, I would think 50's would be plenty but I'm a bit confused at the moment. Any advice is appreciated.

For those of you following along my build. I got my pipes and got it all together. Fired her up for the first time today and it is music to my ears. Definitely sounds different and very snappy on the throttle compared to stock. Very impressed. Can't wait to open her up, just been cruising around working the throttle lots. One thing I'm having is a lean idle hang and I'm running 50 pilots and yet I went to whack it at low speed and it was loaded up. It was 32 F here today, I would think 50's would be plenty but I'm a bit confused at the moment. Any advice is appreciated.
Have you tried opening the fuel screws a bit? That's where I'd go next, 1/4 turn out at a time, not more then 2 1/2 out from lightly seated.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Congrats on getting this together. Keep us posted on your thoughts about the kit. I'm about to go through my motor and would love to go this route,...... if it's worth it.

Back