SRX Bender 835 Help

Have you tried opening the fuel screws a bit? That's where I'd go next, 1/4 turn out at a time, not more then 2 1/2 out from lightly seated.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I started at 1-1/4 now at 1-3/4 i'll move up to 2 and see what happens. It's just a pain to adjust them but I guess it's a part of tuning!

Have you tried opening the fuel screws a bit? That's where I'd go next, 1/4 turn out at a time, not more then 2 1/2 out from lightly seated.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I started at 1-1/4 now at 1-3/4 i'll move up to 2 and see what happens. It's just a pain to adjust them but I guess it's a part of tuning!

Congrats on getting this together. Keep us posted on your thoughts about the kit. I'm about to go through my motor and would love to go this route,...... if it's worth it.

Keep in mind the costs of it. I got my stuff for a steal I'm only into my entire motor and pipes for $1500CDN. I know on hardcoresledder that's needsgas had a 835 he was selling last year I think, I just got a response from him saying he still has the kit.

Hey guys, any suggestions for a 500' snow drag setup? I have 40-10 HC and the Drag n fly's to try as well. I'll prob start with the fly's somewhere around 65grams with 21/40 and 53/43 helix.

Hey, great to read you kept up with the build, this sled should FLY!!! Sorry cant help with clutching but with the power you should be making with such a low gear and HC's/Drag n fly's I would be looking for more ways to hook up. With 180+ hp and 21-40 traction will be hard to come by. Shit by 500 feet you might run out of gear lol..... My SRX 700, stock in 500 is mid 80's mph with 23-38. You looking to run 105 in 660?

Last edited:
Hey, great to read you kept up with the build, this sled should FLY!!! Sorry cant help with clutching but with the power you should be making with such a low gear and HC's/Drag n fly's I would be looking for more ways to hook up. With 180+ hp and 21-40 traction will be hard to come by. Shit by 500 feet you might run out of gear lol..... My SRX 700, stock in 500 is mid 80's mph with 23-38. You looking to run 105 in 660?

I don't think I'll be at 180+ but probably in the 175 range. I have stock carbs and stock cases. I'm going to be running rubber so I figure the faster I can spin that track the better. I have 23/40 in it right now. pulled 118mph the other weekend without doing any clutching. roughly 5mph faster then stock. Was only able to go 4-500 ft against a stockish one and I was out a ski length and the farther we went the more it pulled, but I dug a trench through the snow and through the ice into slush which probably held me back.

Another update for you guys. We had races last weekend, over 200 sleds showed up, guys from Michigan and Wisconsin and north of prince albert saskastchewan. Some crazy fast sleds but the fastest was a 14 cat turbo 1100 capable of 560HP @ 56lbs of boost, was only running 48lbs this weekend but holy crap was that thing a rocket!

As for the SRX we ended up putting a 1" ripsaw with 200+ chisels, ran 20/40 gearing. Went out Friday and did some testing against a vmax-4 that's ported, carbs bored single layer head gasket and who knows what else, and a 1" hacksaw with 200+ chisels. Well at the beginning of the day he would pull me out of the gate and all down track 3-4 lengths at least. After winding the hell out of the secondary with a pink and taking some weight out we got it going so now I jump him out of the hole and he's a length behind and at the 500' mark we are either side by side or he is just ahead. We were satisfied with the gains it made in the short amount of time. The vmax 4 has never had anything to test against so now that we are close were going to see if we can get it going better and if so then go back to mine.

At the races we had to enter MOD so it was a bit of a gong show running against full mod sleds, but I managed to advance to the quarters and the v4 made it to the finals somehow but got smoked by the full mod sleds.

It was a good time for sure and we definitely have the itch to get these things working better now. We've never been to a race that large or fast, usually the v4 wins some prize money around here but not this time.

Let me know your opinions how you think either sled are going, try not to bash lol, I'm still learning how the 835 should perform.

Another update for you guys. We had races last weekend, over 200 sleds showed up, guys from Michigan and Wisconsin and north of prince albert saskastchewan. Some crazy fast sleds but the fastest was a 14 cat turbo 1100 capable of 560HP @ 56lbs of boost, was only running 48lbs this weekend but holy crap was that thing a rocket!

As for the SRX we ended up putting a 1" ripsaw with 200+ chisels, ran 20/40 gearing. Went out Friday and did some testing against a vmax-4 that's ported, carbs bored single layer head gasket and who knows what else, and a 1" hacksaw with 200+ chisels. Well at the beginning of the day he would pull me out of the gate and all down track 3-4 lengths at least. After winding the hell out of the secondary with a pink and taking some weight out we got it going so now I jump him out of the hole and he's a length behind and at the 500' mark we are either side by side or he is just ahead. We were satisfied with the gains it made in the short amount of time. The vmax 4 has never had anything to test against so now that we are close were going to see if we can get it going better and if so then go back to mine.

At the races we had to enter MOD so it was a bit of a gong show running against full mod sleds, but I managed to advance to the quarters and the v4 made it to the finals somehow but got smoked by the full mod sleds.

It was a good time for sure and we definitely have the itch to get these things working better now. We've never been to a race that large or fast, usually the v4 wins some prize money around here but not this time.

Let me know your opinions how you think either sled are going, try not to bash lol, I'm still learning how the 835 should perform.
Hi,
Just curious what your were running for times and speed? Was it 500' or 660' I have my first race this weekend in the 700 stock class 660'

Right on pete, at least you are making progress. Some Im sure any-one reading/keeping up with this post would be eager to hear your times and speed, as well as Dturns results... and what set-ups for clutching you guys are running...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I forgot to mention the v-4 is piped, so I'm not entirely sure what the power output of that thing would be, I'm thinking somewhere around 180hp???? The track was 500' I had my GPS but forgot to turn it on or look at the speedo, had to hang over the windshield to keep it down (need to make suspension adjustments now) but did have my wife video the races for my 1.5 year old son to watch so I can get times off of there for at least ET and speed. I'll try and get that done tonight I'm guessing somewhere between 5.5-6.0 seconds??? Once I get suspension dialed I should be able to pick up some speed and ET, if I can figure out how I will post a race or two.

Clutching i'm running Drag n flys with stock helix and the v4 is hauck X's with I think a stock helix as well.

update for the guys looking for times, looks like I'm somewhere in the 5.0 second range. obviously not the most accurate but my times ranged from 4.77 to 5.25. I lied I can't give you the speed because the calculation will only give me the average from 0-500ft not the top speed. I'm sure some guys on here will have an idea of MPH based on the ET.

Thanks Pete. My race was canceled! :(

I am actually looking for clutching advice and setups currently. I have a basic trail setup now with a White/White/White Primary 8dn20 weights with 4.5 grams in both holes and a green dot secondary and 53/47 helix twisted to 80. I know its not a racing setup by any means, that's why I am trying to figure out what I am going to get. I am looking into Drag N flys from heel clicker!

Hey pete, that is pretty fast 4.77 sounds great to me, Especially when you have a stock helix and suspension isnt set up, I bet if you could find a better helix with a progressive angle your times should even out and maybe be better than 4.77. If you dont start another thread related to clutching you can always punch in "clutching a 835-TY" you will find a previous thread related to clutching your sled. I couldnt help with clutching. Dturn should start a thread if he wants to clutch his sled for short drags. Tons of info should pour in for both of you

Hey pete, that is pretty fast 4.77 sounds great to me, Especially when you have a stock helix and suspension isnt set up, I bet if you could find a better helix with a progressive angle your times should even out and maybe be better than 4.77. If you dont start another thread related to clutching you can always punch in "clutching a 835-TY" you will find a previous thread related to clutching your sled. I couldnt help with clutching. Dturn should start a thread if he wants to clutch his sled for short drags. Tons of info should pour in for both of you

Thanks SRX007! Good Luck Pete with that Monster! I want to do that to mine some day its just so dam pricey now to do it through Bender its $4500 I called a couple days ago to get a quote! LOL

Thanks Pete. My race was canceled! :(

I am actually looking for clutching advice and setups currently. I have a basic trail setup now with a White/White/White Primary 8dn20 weights with 4.5 grams in both holes and a green dot secondary and 53/47 helix twisted to 80. I know its not a racing setup by any means, that's why I am trying to figure out what I am going to get. I am looking into Drag N flys from heel clicker!

I use to run that similar setup on the lake! Great for top end. 8dn 20 with a bolt and 4.5 in the middle. green with 53/43 depending on conditions. I did try a hauck orange primary with 8dn 20 and a 53/43 for drags and I pulled pretty good, I was beating a well setup nytro at the time.

Thanks SRX007! Good Luck Pete with that Monster! I want to do that to mine some day its just so dam pricey now to do it through Bender its $4500 I called a couple days ago to get a quote! LOL

Dturn, I think I posted in this forum earlier that there was a guy on hardcore sledder I pm'd and said he still had a 835 for sale. New is crazy expensive, I wouldn't even consider it but you could always call Justin Fuller at full power performance, he built the 835! You might be able to get a better price there, very nice guy, I've spoke with him a few times now and have nothing bad to say.

I have a 2 Degree timing key, any advantage to putting it in with the 835? I cant remember which is advance or retarded though. lol

For those of you following my project, here is an update! Over the summer I decided to remove the whole motor, clean the sled up and tear the motor down. Sent the cases for case porting and cylinder matching and picked up some 38 mm carbs. Just getting it back together, all that's left is one head o-ring and figuring out the carbs. Should have this done in the next few weeks! Should run pretty good hoping for 190hp!

Back