New track and pick setups

Dturn

Hi All,

My 2000 SRX 700 seems to have tons of power thanks to MR. Viper clutch setup, but with a original Track with 1900 miles and a bunch of worn out picks and bent backers I cant hook for nothing! I am looking to get a new track and picks, so any suggestions for a setup from strictly racing to trail use is welcome. Also what kind of patterns are you using? My thought right now or what is in my cart at Tracks USA right now is a Dura sport 2ply 121x15x.75" with a 2.52 pitch with 120 1.187 Studboy Studs. Not sure on a pattern yet. ;)!

Thanks

Last edited:

For on trail the 1" hacksaw seem very popular with the SRX crowd.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Sorry I meant 1.187. Since people run 1.25 tracks so I thought that size stud(1.187) would work.

1" lug works good on an srx, I wouldn't go anything less than that. I have a camoplast explore 1", it's a full block track, hooks up awesome, no need for studs. It's not cheap though.

1" lug works good on an srx, I wouldn't go anything less than that. I have a camoplast explore 1", it's a full block track, hooks up awesome, no need for studs. It's not cheap though.

So with all that power you can punch it from a dig on ice and get traction with out studs! I know there is going to be some slip but I am hoping to do some radar runs next year and need traction from the dig. I guess what I am sayin is there a setup that I can take on the trail occasionally but mostly use for ice drags?

So with all that power you can punch it from a dig on ice and get traction with out studs! I know there is going to be some slip but I am hoping to do some radar runs next year and need traction from the dig. I guess what I am sayin is there a setup that I can take on the trail occasionally but mostly use for ice drags?

I didn't say anything about ice! lol. it hooks up good in the snow. I'll never run studs in any of my sleds, I don't ride on ice and I've seen way too much damage from studs, ripped up snow flaps, trailer beds, holes in heat exchangers and holes in tracks from pull outs.

Last edited:
Track was worse than I thought. On my first good pull my track came apart at 113 on the radar gun. I had to let off so the sled has more in it. Still not sure what I am going to do yet.

Any body run a 1.25 stud before? Woodys website recommends that stud with a .92 lug even when. You select a srx as the sled. Found that interesting.

Any body run a 1.25 stud before? Woodys website recommends that stud with a .92 lug even when. You select a srx as the sled. Found that interesting.

1.25 studs on what size track? I would think you'd want around 1/8 of an inch taller stud then the rubber lug height of your track.

Last edited:
I ordered a .725 camoplast 2ply fully clipped with 192 1.187 Lake racer studs. I will post some pics when I get it installed. I am also going through the skid while it's out. I noticed the painted steel was starting to show some surface rust so I sanded cleaned taped off and repainted those surfaces, replaced hyfax, replacing the upper suspension wheels and bearings as well as the after market wheel kit that was worn out. I also got some new skis and runners.

I ordered a .725 camoplast 2ply fully clipped with 192 1.187 Lake racer studs. I will post some pics when I get it installed. I am also going through the skid while it's out. I noticed the painted steel was starting to show some surface rust so I sanded cleaned taped off and repainted those surfaces, replaced hyfax, replacing the upper suspension wheels and bearings as well as the after market wheel kit that was worn out. I also got some new skis and runners.

20170219_143952.jpg20170219_152250.jpg20170219_144104.jpg

Here are some pictures of the SRX after some cleaning and new track setup. This sled pulls insane on ice! What a blast to drive on the trail as well. I put 100miles on it a couple days ago.

wow. That's a lot of stud for that height of lug. Just be careful not to break/bend them. Most recommend 3/8 of an inch over the lug. (trail riding) I have the Hacksaw 1 inch track with 1.080 Stud boys. I should have used the 1.187's.

Back