01 srx not getting revs on wot.

auji700triple

Primary has a www spring, stock weights with 4.5g rivets loaded in both holes, secondary has a 51 45 helix with green spring wrapped at 70 and then tried 80 with same results 8100rpms. Powervalves are adjusted correctly and the gearing is not far from stock.

What I find funny is that my buddie is running the exact same setup in his 01 srx but able to reach 8500 on the dot. Matter of fact we swapped sleds on the lake and wow... 8500 compared to 8100 is 2 different sleds. What's next?

I may be a little heavier then him and also, my sled has a 1" with 144 1.25" studs down th3 center while he has a 1.75. Terrible trail conditions here regards to tuning. It's fluffy but still groomed trails. Although we have tons of Lake and groomed trail his srx still gets to 8500 while mine gets to about 8100 and stops. Where's turk at? Haha

Try his secondary on your sled,perhaps your spring has sacked and the tension isn't there for the top end.If that doesn't work then try the primary,one or the other should tell you where your problem is.

Actually, he freshened up my clutches to match his so everything inside my secondary and primary are brand new. Sliders, Springs, bushing etc..

We are going to try his clutches on my sled and I pray to God that my sled his 8500 because if it don't... we have serious issues elsewhere. And ps I ran a wot runs with a newish and an old belt with same results. 8100. I'll be back soon with updates.

If everything is brand new in your clutches then it might take a few hundred miles to loosen up. Like suggested though try swapping his clutches if yours still only pulls 8100 then the issue is elsewhere

Tony, the powervalves are in order and adjusted with no pull threw. We changed the secondary and even went as far as changing the Hauck growlers to a bender can and still couldn't find that 8500 mark. 82 and stop. Primary and secondary Springs are brand new, along with the helix and other wear parts. Staggs, yah I've thought about that were gonna change out primarys tomorrow and then go from there, if with no luck we'll gut the primary and find 8500. Strange how 1 hits 8500 and the other only 82. Did a compression test and, got 110 across on a hot engine.

dose he run stock muffler and you run a bender ? is that correct. 3;16x (yammie tony)

My buddy had a spare bender can coincidentally, he has a bender can on his atm yes.. you should see his recent purchase, an 02 with 1100 miles! What a beautiful looking machine... gonna sit right nice to his absoultly mint 440srx which is hanging from the ceiling in his garage.... and a vmax4 which is mint and 3 srx's.... and a apex with 300hp on av gas... LOL.

Last edited:
dose he run stock muffler and you run a bender ? is that correct. 3;16x (yammie tony)

The only thing different tony is tracks. He's running a 1.75 and me, 1" with 144 studs. Basically it's 2 identical 01 srx's. You'd figure both would run 8500s. Next I'll pull carbs and check jetting for shits. Almost positive it's stock. Sled runs nice colors on the plugs.

Actually they're not the same but both have the same angle. I dont think that would make a difference tho would it? good question!

yes because all makes shift different from another, for say if you have an advantage helix 51-45 is like a 55-49 a hauck 51-45 measures out to a 49-43. so yes that could make a difference

swap both complete clutchs from his sled to yours and test and see if you hit 8500rpm, if you do.... then you know its in your clutchs, either wrong size clutch rollers, bad bushings, wrong helix if a coded one and not the angles you think.

Back