Thoughts on (2) SRX pipes on twin...

MURDER YAMAHA

VIP Life Member
Have access to a stock set of SRX pipes, manifolds ect.
Any thoughts on pros or cons of using these on my 600 twin if they can be made to fit ?
Would need to build stinger for each pipe, but thought it would be pretty neat to have
Yamaha factory twin pipes.

2 stroke pipes are designed around exact air volume and flow, among other things I'm sure. I have big doubts that you would have a satisfactory result. 2 of the SRX cylinders would likely flow substantially different than your twin... But worst thing that could happen is it would be untunable and burn down...

Thanks, was just looking for everyones thoughts on this. I know its a long shot...
Anyone know what a good way to be able to check compatibility would be ?
Could you check pipe volume by filling a pipe with liquid and comparing it to an aftermarket twin pipe ?
Any thoughts are welcome.

There are aftermarket twin pipes for your sled, but do you want headaches or do you want to go fast?

Yes, I do, from a member here.
But I thought this might be a neat project, but doesn't sound like it's worth it.

a 780 is about as big as you can go on stock srx pipes. you could probably do it on a 500 twin but I wouldn't go any bigger. probably would need a dyno too see what rpm it makes power to and where stops.

Back