Anyone still running 500-600 twins?

My mechanic said that installing the aftermarket pistons will go just fine. Also scored a red, long bellypan.

Going to clean my carbs. This really doesn't tell the Pilot screw setting it's supposed to be at?Jetting.jpg

I've been there many times, but didn't think about that, since the shop book is supposed to be the source with the most details. I checked the gearing on this and it is TALL!

Anyone install a 121" x 1.5" lug track in a 94/95 VMax 600? Will need to replace the track soon and was wondering what the maximum practical lug height is for this chassis.

Thought I would bump this question back up if anyone has experience with swapping out the 94 VMax 600 pipe for a 96 or GYT.

Do the recommended upgrades for a 94/95 VMax 600 include changing out the CDI to a 96 along with the pipe? The 96 apparently has a different timing curve and shifting rpm moved up to 8000 from 7600.

( 97 SX 600) Even with the stock 0,75 track I seem to hit a wall at 80 mph with this sled. Will not go any faster, else than on a stand. Reeds looked ok, carbs are cleaned, gearing is stock. Right now, my venture 500 will run just as fast. Tried with the worn clutch that sat on it and the set up for the venture. Still, same speed. What could be wrong?

If motor is good, you have clutch problems in the primary or secondary.
What rpm are you running at WOT?

Secondary should be fine, primary is a bit worn, but I tried the primary from the vt 500 with the same results. Rpms are 7800-8000 wot.

Back