2000 srx 700 cdi need help

Srx007

Good Evening All.
Today ended up being a crap shoot because I blew out my CDI. I know this because there is a small rub through on the back that covers the electrical board which caused a crack in the silicone, that may have let some water in. I can run the sled for about 5 seconds before smoke comes POURING out if the crack. Needless to say I'm sure that part of the cdi controls the power valve servo because shortly before I lost all power the temp light threw a code saying the servo shorted. I discounted the servo from the harness and and yet still smoke. The CDI was shorting out on the damn rivet that was just behind it. The nuts holding the CDI were tight. But needless to say I need a CDI. Question is, can I solely use a 2000 SRX 700 CDI or can I use one from any other sled the same year. Like 1 from a 2000 SRX 600. I'm aware this is kind of a stand alone year as 98-99 and 01-02 are different and I dont think a CDI from a viper will work either. Any help is great thanks.

2000 srx is a 1 yr only cdi due to its plugs on box. there is no other year box that will fit it.

Thank you again mr viper. I was sure it was but did need reassurance because a parts guy was trying to convince me that "his Bender guy" says "as long as it says 8DN on the box Viper will work and yet as such my box Does have 8dn on it but so does a 98 srx CDI. So again thank you. Now to find one...... may be like looking for a needle in a haystack!!!!! Going to need a hell of a magnet LoL. Would you happen to know if if Yamaha has discontinued them? A few websites I looked at didn't list prices......and as for 00 SRX 600 ya I had just awoke for work..

Thank you again mr viper. I was sure it was but did need reassurance because a parts guy was trying to convince me that "his Bender guy" says "as long as it says 8DN on the box Viper will work and yet as such my box Does have 8dn on it but so does a 98 srx CDI. So again thank you. Now to find one...... may be like looking for a needle in a haystack!!!!! Going to need a hell of a magnet LoL. Would you happen to know if if Yamaha has discontinued them? A few websites I looked at didn't list prices......and as for 00 SRX 600 ya I had just awoke for work..

If your from Canada don't rely on anything the "Bender" guy says to be accurate. I assume bender canada and I had a nightmare dealing with him over a SRX cylinder head that wouldn't bolt up. HAd to get credit card company to go after that crook. I see him blowing out parts on Kijiji now, stay away from that scammer.

I know 01 CDI are discontinued so good chance the 00 are as well.

Back