Just bought an 02 srx 700 lack of power

Yamitriple

Hey you guys just got an srx, sled needs cleaned up a bit but I noticed that the rpms at wide open are only 8000, and it's not making good power. I'm just curious on what you would think this could be, I plan to clean carbs and check power valves but if there is anything else I should look for I'd appreciate any help thanks

Okay. Found the problem PTO and mag PV was pulled through and center had the cable snap. How do I go about fixing this as quickly and cost affective as possible

They sell new powervalves at dealer as well, not cheap.

I've went the expensive route and just ordered 3 new ones and a cable 360 bucks.. but with all three being bad is there a chance in damaged the pistons? The sled has around 130 psi in all 3 holes but looking into pv opened front of the piston looks a little scored.

Yes they do, when those valves open they are what give you the top end power

If I'm not mistaken this sled should spank my sx 700 even with pipes? It also has heel clickers in it which I'm very excited to play with!

I will be about even , maybe a bit faster than a piped redhead.
Keep in mind, a readhead is going to be around 50 lbs lighter than a SRX.

Last edited:
Also anybody know how important the little plastic slip on washer around the main jet is?? Its for some reason been discarded from the carbs on this sled lol

the little plastic cup that sits around main jet will not effect any power output, I eliminate them when they are loose and ill fitting, never had any problems yet. For your powervalves just take to a machine shop and have them repair the ends via mill off old and tap the valve, thread in a steel bolt and turn the head on a lathe, drill and slot the end and it will last forever. The valves don't hit the pistons because theres a stop cast into the cylinders to keep it from contacting piston.

Back