HELP PLEASE. SRX electric start wiring

Seth437

Hey guys. I am installing an e start on 98 SRX 700. I am missing the small harness that goes from the e start plug to the relay. My e start plug is triangular in shape with 3 wires. 1 black and 2 solid red wires located on the left side of the sled near the air box. So my question is, which wire goes to each terminal on the starter relay. There are 4 spade connectors on the relay and a M mark on one side of the relay and a B on the other side. and 3 wires on the plug. Any help here would be appreciated

No worries. I wish that showed what terminals he was using on the relay. My e start plug doesn’t have the red with white trace. Instead I just has 2 solid red and a black. I may have to jump directly to the key switch because there is a red with white trace there and I think that may work. Battery location is gonna be a pain. I may try to get it in where the standard location is on a viper. I’m running stock pipes with a bender can and I’m going to use an earth x lipo battery which is smaller and lighter than the standard size battery. I may just have to modify the original battery tray but it looks like I may be able to make it work. I got the reverse all done. It fits pretty good. I just mounted the shifter on the outside of the case instead of the backside. That worked great. Just needed to make a small spacer for the upper bolt to the frame as it was pulled further away because of it being mounted on the outside of the chain case. Let me know if you get anymore info on the wiring. Hoping to get out to the garage today to work on it

No worries. I wish that showed what terminals he was using on the relay. My e start plug doesn’t have the red with white trace. Instead I just has 2 solid red and a black. I may have to jump directly to the key switch because there is a red with white trace there and I think that may work. Battery location is gonna be a pain. I may try to get it in where the standard location is on a viper. I’m running stock pipes with a bender can and I’m going to use an earth x lipo battery which is smaller and lighter than the standard size battery. I may just have to modify the original battery tray but it looks like I may be able to make it work. I got the reverse all done. It fits pretty good. I just mounted the shifter on the outside of the case instead of the backside. That worked great. Just needed to make a small spacer for the upper bolt to the frame as it was pulled further away because of it being mounted on the outside of the chain case. Let me know if you get anymore info on the wiring. Hoping to get out to the garage today to work on it

yes it seems the SRX is slightly different, been a while so didnt remember. I know he did get it to work. I do not have those pics on my computer anymore, ill do a search here later but otherwise i can take a pic when i get north if still needed. wont be till friday though.

That helps. I think I have it figured out as far as making the relay work through the key to crank the starter. Now I Just gotta find the wire that is going supply 12 volts back to the battery. Not sure if once the sled is running if that power will be supplied through the key switch but I’ll figure that out. Got the battery box figured out. I removed the large plastic guard from it and got some good quality thick and sturdy foam rubber to put in there to help keep the battery tight and secure. I have it mounted where it would be on a viper, bolted to the chain case. I found a nice small battery that has 225 cca that fits in there nice with the foam and a small strong bungee to hold it down tight. It is only able to fit there because I’m running a bender can. I’ll try to post some pictures but I haven’t had good luck doing that on here. I hope 225cca is going to be enough. Thank you so much for your help!!!

Back