97 Vmax 500 Throttle Cable Adjusment

stugny

When they state 1 - 2 mm in throttle play is that before the TORS bottoms out on handle or after? I adjusted throttle cable so I am at 1.5 mm but that is when it bottoms out in the TORS. After doing so my oil pump marks do not line up it. It is short of opening all the way. The reason I was adjusting is after a carb clean and replacing TORS switch the throttle cable had not been adjusted properly. Throttle body was not opening until throttle gap was almost 1/2" which in turn was opening my oil pump way ahead of time. Sled was loading up (Rich) the longer we road and I believe it was getting too much oil.

Yes, ling mark up at WOT. I known the 1 - 2 mm is at the bars but what I am referring to is how the throttle lever works. It has the oblong hole so when you push it it slides back to compress the tors switch on handle bar. Is the the space before it engages that switch or after it bottoms out?

As long as it rocks back with a little play for change in temps you are good. It is when it doesn't rock back freely that it triggers the TORS and you don't get rpms :-)

Back