Clutching and jetting for 01 SX700R with PSI pipes ?

YAMAHOWIE

VIP Member
Hello all….long time member just getting back to the forum ! I have a 2001 SX700R with reed spacers and 1 layer head gasket. I recently picked up a set of NOS PSI Modblaster triple pipes in the original box. Going to send them to Jet Hot for coating. I built one of these when I had a one new back in 01 but didn’t keep any notes….. Anyway, I am looking for Clutching and jetting for this set up…..running at 1800 ft. 10-30 degrees F….. Thanks in advance ! Howie

Thanks for the info Tom....! Looked through all the info there and can,t seem to find any info for the PSI pipes specifically. I wonder which pipes are closest to the PSI configuration ? I may just go with a Power Inc. or Bender set-up…..I have some info on the PSI set-up but a lot of it refers to PSI kits which are no longer available. I would need to know what is equal to a “PSI Green spring “ as well as a “PSI progressive helix #8868”….. Looking to run at 9000-9100…. Thanks…!! Howie

Thanks for the info Tom....! Looked through all the info there and can,t seem to find any info for the PSI pipes specifically. I wonder which pipes are closest to the PSI configuration ? I may just go with a Power Inc. or Bender set-up…..I have some info on the PSI set-up but a lot of it refers to PSI kits which are no longer available. I would need to know what is equal to a “PSI Green spring “ as well as a “PSI progressive helix #8868”….. Looking to run at 9000-9100…. Thanks…!! Howie

I would think the Bender Set up would be very close. If I remember correctly those Pipes target RPMs were very close of not the same.

I had a 97 700sx and put the psi pipes on it—- I have my psi triples original paper work some where—- give me a call— I’ll look for it—Tod 2607019033

i have the original stockblaster setup! if that would help ya out i can give you the specs.

we have found that a 52-42 helix works well with this setup as a psi progressive would be hard to find!
also a yellow white yellow should get close to a psi primary spring!

Back