91 VK540 rectifier problem

Danson. 74 nitro might be closer to you and less shipping cost? I am in western Canada.

Dansen , just noticed our ages and i dont like pulling mine over either ....
Consider until you get a parts to fix it ..... add some extension cables , one from positive
and another from a ground bolt ...buy one of those lithium battery packs meant to boost cars
and you store it under the seat and clamp on the battery when you need the extra power for the starter.
Still try to keep decent battery installed and charge it when you finish each day.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/cat/...-booster-packs-power-inverters-DC0000268.html
a 600amp should be flat enough to carry under seat and adequate .. make sure the seat cant turn (squish) it on
I currently have SAE and metric tools, axe, tow straps, come a long, spare belt. spare mitts and a frisbee
in there ... Frisbee can hold parts on trail side . scoop snow . distract hungry wolves etc
Ron
My collection and my TANK
Nice herd of beauties there Ron ! Thanks for the tip and all the advice. Much appreciated. 👍

I just checked with my wrecker. His yamahas are all manual start units. No rectifier available from him. Sorry.

I have two used ones if you have no luck finding any where else. I could sell one to you.
I would love to buy one from you but hate to diminish your stock. If I haven't found one by the weekend, I'll take you up on that offer !

Is there a way to P.M. on this site? I could send you a preprinted Fedex waybill to make it easier to ship if you want. Thanks✌️

I just checked with my wrecker. His yamahas are all manual start units. No rectifier available from him. Sorry.
Awwww. Batting a 1000. Oh well , patience is a virtue I suppose. Lol. Something will come up. Looks like maybe 74Nitro might be able to help me out.

Thanks a lot for checking though.!!

Good day all. New here. The rectifier assy on my 1991 VK540 is shot and apparently there are none to be had anywhere in the world (it feels like). So I wonder if anyone has figured out how to work around this or do I have to scrap the sled ? Seems ridiculous but . I don't really know much about electrical when it comes to regulators and rectifiers. So I'm hoping someone might have a solution. :(
I know it's an old posting but if you put the part number in your browser it will find that part number world wide I needed one also got one from England some motorcycles used them years ago some boat motors also

Back