SX Viper TM33 Carbs - Rebuild Jetting Questions

As they say, cleanliness is next to godliness.

At least that's how I view carburetors. They should look like new when their done...then you know you cleaned them. (lol)

Carbs are all finished up...top to bottom?

It was great learning how to take the rack apart for service. I did look in section 7 of the service manual to see the carb layout, and noted (2) pages referencing the TPS switch. Hopefully I have it positioned right and don't have to reset the switch.

FWIW, I really enjoyed this project. A Youtube video covering the full service will be posted soon.

IMG-1813.jpg

IMG-1854.jpg

SXV-High-Alt.jpg

Last edited:
In case this helps anyone with future carb service or teardown of the Mikuni TM33 carburetor rack, I filmed most of the rack dissassembly and put it into a long format video to step others through it.

Carb removal, teardown and rebuild!

Please note I am no expert on this subject, just a hobbyist. It may have a few inaccuracies in my references/description and or the nomenclature of the parts...but it's more comprehensive than anything else I could find for web based tutorials. So there you have it...let em'rip. (lol)

Part Two: The reassembly process back into the sled can be found here.

In case this helps anyone with future carb service or teardown of the Mikuni TM33 carburetor rack, I filmed most of the rack dissassembly and put it into a long format video to step others through it.

Carb removal, teardown and rebuild!

Please note I am no expert on this subject, just a hobbyist. It may have a few inaccuracies in my references/description and or the nomenclature of the parts...but it's more comprehensive than anything else I could find for web based tutorials. So there you have it...let em'rip. (lol)

Part Two: The reassembly process back into the sled can be found here.
Great job. When I do these, once they're off and on the bench it's less than 10 minutes if I pull the bowls and they are shiny and clean inside. If I pull the bowls and they are gummed up, then it's about a thirty minute job. I use a heavy duty parts cleaner solution and the dirty parts soak for about an hour.
Easily the most over looked part when it comes to carb rebuilding and service is the needle jet. Doesn't matter what vehicle. Sleds, dirt bikes, street bikes and ATV's. The frustrating part is that the majority of carb rebuild kits don't include it.

Back