500 SX-R opinions wanted for new member

Put the brighter Xenon bulb in the headlight and an LED tail light and there will be no dimming and a very bright headlight.

yup as yammy said. did that to my sxr and what a difference. i have a set of red viper loops if your interested. will trade for blue ones too

i got mine from royal distributing here in canada. probably any aftremarket sled parts supplyer could get them for you.

the fix for the browning with the high watt headlight is an LED tailight bulb. did that a few weeks back on the girls sled and it NEVER browns out anymore.

damn, I was WAAAYYYY off then lol! like you said, look in the links page :) I will take some pics tonight to show you what it looks like on the 00 sxr 600.

I didn't know where to put this comment so I'm just going to add it in here, didn't really want to start a new thread on it.

Last night I took it upon myself to browse through the owner reports and performance reports and what I found really assured me I'm making the right choice by hunting for a Yamaha triple.

I was amazed at the positive comments...I think I saw 1 that had a negative view of his sx 700. But...The SRX guys were unreal, I mean those guys were ALL happy and the SRX 600 owners really seemed to love that sled. By the time I was done I was ready to start looking for a SRX 600!! The dependability aspect of these motors (All Yamaha triples) seems to be WAY above average. Those SRX's, the guys admitted the travel figures kinda sucked but they for some reason seemed willing to take that given the rest of sled. Pretty impressive really, and I'm glad I dug through those reviews and pretty much know I can't do any better then what I'm looking for at this point. Now for the bad part....

When I bought my current Cat in August of 96 (delivered in November of 96) I was trying to decide between the Yamaha and this ZR. I had always ridden Yamaha before that and I shied away from that triple because "with 3 cylinders it will just cost more for rebuilds etc". HAHA...what a dork and now, even though this Cat really actually has been good to me and a lot of fun over the years, I regret my choice back in 96. I will keep the Cat, but I'm going to start collecting Yamaha triples now.

yea you can't beat the smoothness, dependability, mileage, consistency, and sweet music of a yamaha triple. ;)!

yeah, I had forgotten consistency. they seem to be very thick. a nice consistency, not runny like a twin.... lol! always runs the same every day.

after having regularly ridden a triple, you'll never go back

I used to have a SX500, and I still ride it every once in awhile, just as a hooligan sled, but I would never consider running it regularly again (even tho I love that sled to death) after having ridden SX700, SRX and viper, you get used to that feeling,makes twins just feel loose and sloppy on the power.

Just add some viper shocks to the srx and it makes a world of differnce. Put some on this year and they are so much better than the stock ones.

I actually rode my father in law to be's 02 700 mxz. man that thing is BUZZY! my hands were numb in a matter of minutes. hopped on the viper again and it felt liquid smooth :)

i can't stand twins. The only one i ever liked at all was the big block 700 polaris, that thing was so torquey when it came out.

yeah, and remember how they were pulling themselves apart so they actually sodl the mounting plate to keep the engine together? it was basically a giant block of solid aluminum lol!

Back