Helmet video of wreck

the guy on the Polaris wasn't even going that fast....no reason to be on the wrong side of the trail. If I was the guy on the Ski-doo, I would have to pop the guy at least once.

That really sucks!! I almost had that experience this year. In order to avoid it, I had to pull off the trail in the corner so the other rider would not hit me. Why can't people stay on their side of the trail? Another thing that annoys me is people trying to give me hand signals about riders behind them and they don't have control of their sled and are coming onto my side of the trail. Don't worry about telling me your buddies are behind you when i can see them. Get control of your sled so you don't run into me!!! It's not really a hard concept, two hand on the bars until you have full control of your sled, then you can give me hand signals about more riders in your group.

The Poo Poo Guy looked pissed??? I hope it was with himself. That was pathetic...like said above, he wasn't going fast and should have been able to stay on the right. Lack of his skills was the cause of this one. Good thing no one was hurt. Was anything broken on the sleds?

I wasn't part pf that group so I don't have any info on damage. I just found that video on Trailconditions.com (NY reports).

I rode with 6 other guys this year in NY. On the way to Stillwater from Brantingham the same dick on an orange firecat ran all but one of us off the trail. We were spread out enough that once he passed one of us he'd hit the gas again to the point he was already almost out of control by the time he got to the next guy. He was on one ski when I saw him come around the corner and I had to ride off the side of the trail in fear of being run into like the rev in the video.

That reaction from the guy on the Polaris is pretty funny considering it was his fault. The rev rider should have left the camera on when he punched him!

Looks to me like they were both at fault. The REV was riding in the middle of the trail. Then both of them turned toward the middle of the trail.

I've got the video blown up to almost full screen and there is no doubt that the damage is definitely after he hits the telephone pole on the way home. He better hope the insurance adjusters don't see the video or read his post about later darting into a telephone pole.

Nothing personal Sandman, but I have to disagree. That guy on the Polaris told the guy he hit that he was trying to "ride the berm" after he thought he looked well enough down the hill to determine noone was coming only to find out he was wrong. The P was clearly in the wrong and should have hugged his side just for his own safety. The Doo was in the middle for a while where it was straight and he could see far ahead, but as he approaches the turn he moves over safely. I bet most of us have done that many times.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77973

I love internet tough guys who say they would hit the guy. If you were on the doo, and punched the guy on the polaris, you'd have more to worry about then a wrecked sled. This has allready been stated on HCS, but I see there are a few here.

Yes I agree the Polaris ride was on the wrong side. He is to blame, but from the sounds and looks, that Rev was coming into a tight corner pretty dang hot. Accidents happen every day. Its life, get over it. And from the sounds of it, the guy on the Rev isn't even all that mad about it.

But go ahead fellas SWING away. And hope you have a damn good attorney who can explain why you assaulted some guy after an ACCIDENT.

I've been in the situation the Rev was in just prior to accident a number of times. I have had many off trail excursions because of it. I sometimes get the feeling that I have become a dumb sledder magnet.

I rarely go into a corner anymore without having a good idea of where I can go if the trail is blocked, or someone is coming on "my" side. This has slowed me down considerably. Try it sometime, enter each corner that you come to looking for escape routes that are completely off the trail. The results might really surprise you . . .

more to follow . . .

no need to kick the guys ***.... unless he doesn't have insurance! j/k! i find it funny how many people are out there riding that are absolutly clueless as to what is going on around them! PAY ATTENTION!

That is amazing footage. Honestly, what are the chances of that happening when you're wearing a camera?? Anyways, I really doubt a trail side brawl would help the situation. This is one of the reasons I don't mind having stud marks on my hood lol. I doubt a wayward Polaris would even leave a mark.

Back