Helmet video of wreck

This type of crapp ruins our sport (funny I am currently writing out my insurance bill.) I can't believe people are too stupid to stay on their own side of the trail. I got hit about 4 years ago by a 16 yr old kid on an mxz. He was going wayyyyy too fast on a blind corner and just slid right into me. I had one ski in the sticks on my side of the trail and he still hit me. His insurance guy actually gave me a hard time about it and I didn't get my check until he spoke with the cop. If this happens to you, always get a police report.

The insurance company will have no problem paying the guy on the rev for the damage to his sled after seeing that video. Whats wrong with people today? Have some respect for other sledders. Stay to the right on tight windy trails. I would of flipped right the fawk out if I was the rev rider. I would of lost it.

The more to follow is . . .

There are many situations where there just isn't anywhere to go, but there are probrably many more situations where there are several escape routes if we find them ahead of the time that we actually need to use them. If we wait until we need them, we may not have time to find them.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am about scared #$%&* less every time I go around a corner. I try and hug that corner like no other, I have had way too many close calls. It is ridicules, please stay on your own side, if you want to open it up do it on the lake. The season is to short already, if this were to happen to you it would finish off your season for the year. This was just a lack of common sense.

That was actually a slow speed wreck. I have seen high speed wrecks, including one with a fatality. Make no mistake they are very violent, and there is no getting mad and waving arms after it. There is just a terrible sick feeling in your stomach if you have to witness one of those. Way worse when it is someone you know.

I rode less miles this year than usual, yet had significanlty more close calls this year than I've probably had in 25 years of riding put together. I was paranoid by the end of the season. Didn't matter how slow I went, because people were cutting off the inside of blind corners and meeting me head on - no escape route to be had; only recourse was a quick brake.

And couldn't agree more about the ridiculous people nearly removing my left foot so they could signal the # of sleds behind them - that I could already see thanks. There's just a lot more people riding these days and not all of them are terribly experienced. I just wished they didn't feel the need to take their hands of the bar and signal...

i think that people are missing the point here...that was a very low speed wreck and the guy on the polaris was at fault. but guys,accidents do happen and when they do lets hope that no one gets hurt..in this case no one did!! i am sure that if you were to talk to the guy on the polaris he feels real stupid! this type of stuff does happen,will continue to happen and lets all hope that no one gets hurt or worse! metal and glass can be fixed easily...the human body take longer to heal.

Back