My racepak udx dash in my SRX.

ejcamaro

Life Member
Website
www.myspace.com
Well I finally got around to posting pics of my racepak udx dash I installed on my 01 SRX. It was a pain in the butt, but the end result was worth it. My speedo is now run off a jackshaft sensor (last pic). Me egts are off in the pics because I just started it up for the photo and it was still cold. It's nice to have everything built into one dash such as 3 egt's, speedo, rpm, actual water temp, fuel level, high beam, oil level warning, odo, and trip. It also recalls the top speed and rpm, and has a warning light for any problems such as high egt temp, high water temp, and high rpm (all custom set for the sled its installed in). I also blocked off the holes from the stock gauges with clear lexan from behind.

Last edited:

Looks great, ...your readings are probably bang on, ...would be nice if they made one to fit into the existing gauge pod. ;)!

I think that I spent around $800 on everything including the sensors. Its hard to say the time it took, I piddled with it all last fall. Nobody seemed to know what wires to splice into and I had to take the coolant manifold off and have it tapped to take the standard threads of the new coolant sensor. If anyone else attempts this I can help with the wiring and save you alot of time.

very well done! clean install, and although expensive and time consuming, it REALLY shows that you took the extra time and $$ to do it the RIGHT way! kudos, and sweet looking sled!

man, that is KICK A$$!!! where did you get that udx at? I was gonna go with the viper guage on my srx that i'm modifying, but now I think i really want that setup. What were all the mods that you had to do to get it in there and how hard was it to set it up to your sled? any info would be greatly appreciated. man... i'm jealous!!!

Nice work!!!

That would look sweet on my Vmax540... Hmm .... ; )

;):D

Ike

i installed a digitron guage on my vintage 440 srx race sled. it has 3 displays that you can set to show any data you wish. it has 140 min of memory built in and will record 2 egt temps, coolant temp, jackahaft rpm as well as motor rpm. it also has 5 programable alarms you can set to what ever you wish.
the kit also came with software and a usb pc cable that you connect to the guage and to a laptop and download the recorded data. the software will display all the downloaded data in charts for convienent viewing. this kit was $600...it makes jetting a mod motor simple.

Thanks all, your comments made the effort worthwhile. I bought the guage and all the sensors from Exhaust Gas Technologies. The worst part of the install was figuring out which wires to use and splice into to make everything work. I had interstate battery make me a custom 12 volt rechargable battery that is mounted behind the digital display, this is so I can retrieve data after the sled is shut off. Its a very light battery, it looks something like you would find in a R/C car. After the guages were out I had to cut a small amount of plastic from between where the old guages were to get the UDX to fit flush. Then there was the tapping of the water manifold for the new sensor. All that was easy, the wiring was hard. Like I said, if any of you buy one of these let me know, I can save you alot of time and would be glad to help.
This too has a bunch of programable alarms. You can also set the display as bright or dim as you like (its about 3/4 full bright in my pictures). Programing the fuel gauge and jackshaft speedometer was easy. For the speedo I marked off 1/8 mile with a surveyors wheel. Go to the speedometer setup screen, press a button, drive an 1/8 mile, press the button again, and you're done! Spot on speeds.

sweet, i may be getting back to you in the future if i run into any wire troubles. is there any other ways of mounting it? Cuz I have a viper dash and don't know if it is wide enough like the big guage dashes. thanks for all the info!!!

Back