reed mod vs vforce

pro116

Lifetime VIP Member
I have a brand new set of vforce 3's what will work better in the sx 700 engine the reed stop notch or the vforce with the stock pipe.

i would definately go with the v-forces before modding teh stock ones if you all ready have the v-forces. they are definately the way to go. even if you dont have them they are definately the best way to go period. :yam: :rocks:

gild said:
Never noticed any gains on my SRX or SXr

I dont think you would notice any gains with the srx i know that the spacers do nothing for the srx and i heard the v force reeds for the srx is a waste of money and also the srx stock reeds are very good from the factory anyways

If you have mods done to your srx there will be a gain.Anyone else try them both on the sx motor?

I had Delta II's.
They didn't make any horse power on my ported and piped SX 700 motor.
Yes DYNO TESTED!!!!!!!!!!!

But I ran the sled with and without the V-Force, the throttle responce was definatly better with them as compared to stock reeds, I never tried the reed notch.

I know this isn't an apples to apples comparison, but apples to grapes is the best I can do today.

what pro116 said is correct. in order to really see the potential of the vforce 3's you need to have more done to your motor. Big bore, triple pipes, even some porting will help them. when you get into bigger displacement is when they are able to shine more because of the more air needed to flow. thats what i was told...

I have only noticed slightly better throttle response with vforce as opposed to stock. Notch definately makes a big difference over stock.

Putting a spacer plate on will acually kill HP. Yes, you will get more throttle response(but mostly in the bottom end), but the velocity will decrease. Run them with out the spacers. The power will come on quicker and more viloent. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Eric lol.I'm working on my brothere xtc 700 I have the engine out and doing a few mods and putting front and rear suspension bushing kit's in.

SRXSRULE - Reeds

HTML:
What are reeds? ===SRXSRULE===

SRXSRULE,

Reeds are waht you do to the paper or sometimes with a book before puttin the kids to bed in the new trailer. " i reeds the paper nerley every day" or " I reeds my boys a book befer beddin em down"

OK - sorry, but it is friday......................

Back