06 TY Ride Final Dates....

hey,

Im a member of TY and i was showing my dad your site here, and we both want to go on the munising ride this winter, we both live in gwinn, mi.

We saw in the pix from last year that you guys rode right through gwinn like you were going to the knotty pine down in arnold.

My question is can we meet up with you guys on this ride or do we have to be there at the start or what?

Where are you guys heading from munising?

thanks, gwinnraptor

Bigmax said:
CrazySledder... not trying to burst your bubble but you'll want to check out the MI DNR site as to the requirements for snowmobilers... As I recall you must have a valid drivers license to operate a sled in MI... that is, of course, only if you get pulled over... LOL

Well, I'm going anyways. I'll play stupid. Won't be hard to do for me. :lol:
I wil have to check out the site you mentioned. I've been riding in the U.P. for some time now and I have never heard that. I knew about the drinking, but not the valid DL. They usualy don't stop anyone unless you are doing something stupid or don't have a valid pass clearly on your windsheild. I have been stopped before right before Bingos but all they asked for was my regestration card, not my DL. I already have the room booked, so I'll be there.
Rather I ride with you all in Jan, or I ride there in Feb when I take my annual 10 day trip, I'll be in the U.P. so it really wont matter. All I should het is a ticket. The things we do for the thrill of a ride.

Just checked out the Michigan site. Good news for me. Valid DL. is not needed. I found the area that states the requirements to regester for a trail permit and all that is required is proof of the regestration stating the sled is regestered somewhere. I will be riding without worring. Not that I really would have anyways. I've got a new Apex comming and I am going to put alot of miles on her this season. See you all there.

I finally got my ducks in a row for a change (not soon enough to stay at the Alger, I hope the Hill Crest is good enough). My buddy and I have wanted to go on this ride for the past couple of years, with my fingers crossed we will be attending the Jan ride, the anticipation is killing me already. I have never ridden that far north before. I an looking forward to meeting everyone. :WayCool:

Does anybody have to best route to take to get there from the Chicago area? I was looking and it seams 39 to Green Bay to 41 to 67 to 94 to 28, is that the fastest way? Keep in mind that we will be pulling a 8000# Sail behind us. Can anyone give me an approx travel time?:rocks:

Looking forward to meeting everyone and some great riding :yam:

Rex said:
I finally got my ducks in a row for a change (not soon enough to stay at the Alger, I hope the Hill Crest is good enough). My buddy and I have wanted to go on this ride for the past couple of years, with my fingers crossed we will be attending the Jan ride, the anticipation is killing me already. I have never ridden that far north before. I an looking forward to meeting everyone. :WayCool:

Does anybody have to best route to take to get there from the Chicago area? I was looking and it seams 39 to Green Bay to 41 to 67 to 94 to 28, is that the fastest way? Keep in mind that we will be pulling a 8000# Sail behind us. Can anyone give me an approx travel time?:rocks:

Looking forward to meeting everyone and some great riding :yam:
6 hours from milwaukee at 75 mph. i take 41. i have heard going through wausau is also a good route.

41 is what i take. Going through wausau? That doesn't make much sense, have to go west then back east. Be a lot faster to just go up 41.

yamaholic22 said:
41 is what i take. Going through wausau? That doesn't make much sense, have to go west then back east. Be a lot faster to just go up 41.
thats why i havent tried it. 41 works just fine.

Yes the wausau route is way out of the way.I live justr off of 41 in appleton and I think it took me 3hr's and 10 mins to get to alger falls.Driving about 6-7 mph over the speed limit the whole way.Depending how close you live to 43 it might be faster to jump on that.

From Chicago, take 94 to Milwaukee, then get on 43 to G.B., then take 41 for all but the last 45 minutes on m-35 into muni.

Looking forward 2 seeing some NEW FACES this year at the MANITOBA TY RIDE ;)!

4 those who missed it or R new.................OUR RIDE ROCKS :WayCool:

C U THERE ;)!

Attachments

• IMGP2243.JPG
    IMGP2243.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 12
  • mbIMG_0814.jpg
    mbIMG_0814.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8
  • mbIMG_0838.jpg
    mbIMG_0838.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGP2222.JPG
    IMGP2222.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP2234.JPG
    IMGP2234.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 5
A Few More 4 U

:WayCool:

Attachments

• mb3P2250117.jpg
    mb3P2250117.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 8
  • mbDSCF1549.jpg
    mbDSCF1549.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMGP2221.JPG
    IMGP2221.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 6
  • IMGP2211.JPG
    IMGP2211.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP2221.JPG
    IMGP2221.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 6
Bounty look's like a fun time.I can't wait,I'm coming up this year with MrSled and nos-pro.

Back