water pump leak

two times in this thread i gave viperino good solid info to correct his problem & both times yamaholic22 contradicted my info. he responds to a lot of threads & shoots from the hip too much. nobody is an expert on everything. my opinion is he has some expierience but not a lot.
yamaholic22 can prove me wrong & tell me how i can make my 135.2 mph record holding srx go faster. maybe ceramic coated pipes & pistons?? or how the bender silencer that i dyno tested & made 2-3 more hp than stock should just be used for a wall decoration?? or maybe the proper way to change a water pump seal??
bob

alright here, bickering is getting old, even tho i put in my .02. I have a few questions for you tho, not trying to be a smart *** or anything, just wondering. Ok, first off, when using a dyno, are they the same as outside variable? When will you ever get outside variable to match a dyno facility? Also, i do belive a stock can is faster than an aftermarket, even tho the aftermarket is abit lighter. Also, ceramic coated pipes to make the engine temps more consistent, that is a no brainer. Less heat in teh engine compartment, less heat into the engine, better performance theoretically. Also, who built and setup yoru sled? Did you do it yourself, or someone else build it for you? Congrats on it being the record holder, but did you do it all yourself, or did someone else do it? Just wondering......

99srx700:
must have a knowledgeable dyno operator & dyno must be maintained properly - just like a sled. first must do a baseline run than start making changes. have seen the hauck srx can on dyno & yes it does lose a little bit of power. the bender can actually gains a few. the reason people make a broad statement & say cans on srx's lose power is that even a 2-3 hp gain is not noticeable in the field. a worn belt alone will override the hp gain. if you want consistant engine temps pull out the thermostat & close off the vents in the hood over the pipes. not only is it cheaper than coating it also creates down force & you will pick up a couple of mph. yes i did build my sled. i also do all the clutching & tuning. also built my trail 835 srx with reverse & 1'' track & 240 megabites 126 mph in 2000' and my wifes 800sx, also reverse & 1" track & 192 megabites 122 mph in 2000'.
bob

Why can't we all just get along? Doesn't sound that hard..Yamaholic is my best bro for the longest time now. I buy his old sleds cuz there always the best and so mint. I have learned so much from him it is unreal. I'm not calling him the "god" or "Mr. Noitall" but if there is one thing i know is he only talks about what he knows. When were up north he is alway helping people out no matter what sled type it is. And i know for a fact the only thing holding yamaholic back from any record books would be money. So you can drive your SRX's around throwing money off them while driving down the trails, or just don't cut down people who know as much or more then you about sleds.

Last edited:

Back