Transfer Rods

VmaxSx600

I got a 98 Vmax 600 Sx and i believe the transfer rods on it have no adjustment... is there a way i can adjust it without getting new ones? if i cant then what are the cheapest adjustable ones can i get?

You can adjust by taking them apart and changing washers every time, or get a set of max perf or bender or hauak rods. Maxdlx

take the whole rod off then take them apart and add a washer to em? could you explain is some detail i would greatly appreciate it man thanks! how many washers should i add to get maximum transfer? do you think i could stand my 600 twin up if i got em maxed transfer?

Well there are adjustable rods & then the stock ones (not adj) Here is a pic of mine ( adj type) they are the silver knobs on the rods, Now you said stand up your 600 twinn this does not lift the rear end up for more travel if this is what you mean, if you want more travel you will have to get long travel shocks! This is what I did this summer.

Attachments

• sled 2 001.jpg
    sled 2 001.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 23
the adjustable transfer rods from maxxperf our called quick rods,they replace the factory set.well worth the money,they have 7 line on them you turn them up for more weight transfer by counting the lines shown.but just to warn you if you turn them all the way up for full transfer (to hang the skis)is not recommeded to ride it this way as you are at risk for damage to the suspension.i run my sx at 3-4 lines.Get rid of the factory rods,to much of pain to take apart and swap out a thicker washer.and im sure you can find a set on here reasonable price.

a cheap way to adj. stock ones is to buy diff. size spacers and "pac-man "them or cut a pie slice out and clip them on and off according to rider preferance.

[Not being an *** I just did not know about the suspention problem w/ them all the way up! Why is that?QUOTE=REDMATER]the adjustable transfer rods from maxxperf our called quick rods,they replace the factory set.well worth the money,they have 7 line on them you turn them up for more weight transfer by counting the lines shown.but just to warn you if you turn them all the way up for full transfer (to hang the skis)is not recommeded to ride it this way as you are at risk for damage to the suspension.i run my sx at 3-4 lines.Get rid of the factory rods,to much of pain to take apart and swap out a thicker washer.and im sure you can find a set on here reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

I had a 97 600 sx. I put in the maxx performance quick rods and there long travel kit. with the straps pretty loose and the transfer rods set for a lot it would pull the skis good. I wouldnt recomend it though, it was fun for a few minutes then I came to a corner. couldnt take the corner fast, it wanted to tip. I promptly set it up for nice traction but not so much as to launch the skis in the air. my $.02

Yea i dunno i really wanna stand mine up! do you guys think taking the limiter straps off or whatever there called on the track...? tell me one thing will my sled beat a 2000 600 classic twin its got electric start and reverse and a m10 im just wonderin cuz im puttin money on our lil drag race

honestly, I doubt it. you are down 15ish hp and he has powervalves (I think) and standing it up looks cool but is quite counterproductive to going forward. in other words, not the best for a drag race. want it so it hooks good but settles the skis down afterwards. thats why drag racers tie down the suspensions :) honestly, try and talk with some of the guys here that race :) LOTS of GREAT info and people on this site! :rocks: and post some pics of your sled, I miss mine and want another one day lol :D:DP

Dang that sucks i dont think its got powervalves cuz it would say on the sled somwher wouldnt it? all it says is high output twin... and plus mines aaaalllooottt lighter then his and im also lighter then him... any way i can keep up with him tho? would it be a huge difference in speed between ours? wher also just draggin like a quarter mile

I think on the trail (smooth trail) you have him hands down. straight drag race, dont count on it. might be close though, I was wrong too...no powervalves. thought it was the same motor as the xc. still a bit more power than yours.

Dang thanks man i really hope i can get this race down haha i got money on it... if i geared it down a tooth will it help me out?

how much will it increase my acceleration and how much will it affect my top end? cuz top end to me isnt really something i do all the time i like to move quick through the trails

Yea man i wish i could get something to really make my twin quick and fast its just everything is so expesive i want a pipe but i heard its bad to have em on the twins and i would love to get a new track but man 400 bucks for a track! thats horrible

Back