Transfer Rods

if you can fit a ripsaw in it and hae the studs clear it, that would probably be the best acceleration upgrade you can do. the traction (or lack of) is what is killing you the worst if you still have the stock track!

Have you installed a thinner head gasket? Cheapest performance gain on a twin.
Go to the tech pages and you should find a few clutch setups for your machine.

alright man thanks redmater how much you think gettin the weights and helix will cost? gear up a tooth eh? wont kill acceleration at all?

i would put up a post for the weights,helix and gears in the yamaha classifieds on here and see if anybody has thease for sale.brand new the weights go for like 30$ a piece,the helix is around 80.Going up a tooth may get you moving quicker? but i would PM turk he is pretty good with clutching,also you may need tuning rivits,turks set up didnt state what the rivits were.clutching isn't cheap,but looking around on here may lessen the cost considerably. good luck!

Ok name off all the things i DO need to make it quicker that is nessesary for the tuning... thanks a ton man... if i do get the helix and the weights and i go up 1 tooth where would i be able to find these parts? are those 3 the only things i need to get? thanks a ton man

if your sled isnt studded,thats the first thing getting the power to the ground.the 3 parts,plus you will need tuning rivets,the weights dont come with them.
a clutch puller,a clutch holder.But like i said talk to Turk on this set up,to find out what rivets(weather they are stock or not) either way you will need them.do some research on totallyamaha.com and look under technical section there is a boat load of info.Like i said if you are seriously thinking of clutching your sled put up WTB post for the parts you are looking for,as i said brand new you are looking at around 90$ for the weights,helix is around 80-85$, rivets a few bucks,clutch puller 20-25$,clutch holder maybe 40$.also you may as well get a clutch alignment tool which maybe around 70$
go to www.maxxperf.com and look up the clutch section and start pricing the stuff you will need,it will add up quickly.

going up a tooth will increase your top end, not bottom end. That sled had plenty good gearing for bottom end in stock form, going up a tooth will give it a little more top without taking much from the bottom.

Well could i gear it down one? cuz I would like my acceleration better then what it is now... i just dont want like a 20mph top end loss haha its dont matter if its like a 10mph... what do you guys think i wanna go quick i dont really care for top end i cant get it up there anyways on the trails

start with clutching, and go from there. if you do one thing at a time you will know what has worked and what hasnt. say you do the clutch, try it and it isnt enough. now you can gear down. if you do the gearing down AND clutch it, you may be losing top end and not getting enough low end grunt to justify it and never know it. just like suspension tuning, do ONE thing at a time, it is the best way to do it. hope this helps

Turk told me to just get a 50/44 helix and he said it makes it really quick i trust turk ive heard bout his knowledge on clutching

honestly, whatever turk says, he has a lot more tuning time than me, I dont really know any more than principal lol!

Back