SXR700 and a F6 keeps takin it. need help

terret725

i got a sxr700 and my buddy has F6 were together pretty well off the line for a few sled lengths but then he over takes me. i was wondering if any one had any ideas on how i could get some more HP out of my sled for not alot of money. i already did the gaskets, have reed spacers and put a can on it. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

its pretty much stock i had a stiffer primary on but i snaped so i had to put teh stcok back in and i put a secon hand hylix on to try it out but it gives me alot of top end but it doesnt lift up like it use to on the grass oh i also droped a tooth or 2 on teh top gear

Go back to stock gearing & make sure sled runs 8300-8500 rpm. F-6 is a lot faster-quicker sled then a 700 single pipe.

when i switched teh grearing i hit top speed in liek 2/3 the amount of teh time . im only talkin like 800 to 1000 feet i think im gonna change the hylixs back thanks ill try it too but he had be when i was stock tahst why i started playin with it. he has three thropies for the ice drags last year 2 1st place and 1 2nd top speed was 86 in 800 and i cant break 82 im only lookin for another 4 miles or so in thoes 800 feet

yamaholic22 gave me some advice on clutings so i think im gonna go with it. he told me 8ab which i luckly have of my other sled that i dont ride. a green secondary at aroun 70* and a new hylix he told me 51/43 but in my maxxper catolog it only has even numbers i figured a 50/42 would be good if not they would ahve to make it special right? and that would coasy more $$ and advised me agains a few things i was think of getting liek the transfer enhancemnt kit from mountiaon performance and a bost bottle but i had alread orderd the boots so im $80 in on that so i might as well go all the way.

if any one ahs any more little tricks id love to hear it.

Dam, I wish I knew they were selling that a few months ago, I just paid a forture for a Mountain performance lightweight suspension, I would have rather had the monoshock one forsure.

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Distance.jpg
    Distance.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010057.JPG
    P1010057.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Even tripple piped it would have a hard time beating the F6....Fast little machine and my buddy has a sx-r..Guttless stock!! Had to spend $1100 to put pipes on it so it wasn't a broads machine!!

well im detrimined to find a way to atleast even it up ive been riding for twice as long as him and my prides at stake cause he brings it up every time he can. our sleds i think are the same weight and im just shy on the hp i can usaly ketch up to him and stay like liss then a sled lenght behind him across the hole lenght of the lake. i think he has a more low end but i have a broader power band. plus he has another 30 or 40 pounds on him for the extra traction. if u guys have any little tricks that gains like a hp here or 2 here id like to hear them

Last edited:
If you cant beat it with triple pipes w/clutch kit, forget it, unless you want to go bigbore...

Ah, the F6 is way lighter then your sled too, unless you have a 300 pound driver on it, lol.

Even the SRX's have a hard time beating the F7's they have same HP but again the F7 is like 75 pounds lighter.....

I have raced many F7's and F7's with F8 kits on them ( no better in my opinion ) and they can be beat by my MMax almost every time if the track conditions are good and packed down for my finger track to hook up, but if i spin out on the start line, I can't catch them........

well mmax if ur beatin f7 that gives me hope but his f6 was beatin alot of the f7s on the ice drags aswell. but im gonna get him this year one way or another.

I beat him without NOS, I also raced a F7 with a f9 kit on it, both of us on the NOS, he beat me, then I got a 100 pound lighter driver then me, (im 250) and they raced again, my MMax beat him, awesome, There was an F6 here last year that was beating F7's too, dam fast little buggers right out of the crate..........

Back