SXR700 and a F6 keeps takin it. need help

Bender triple pipes, head gasket mod, adjustable transfer rods along with 192 chisels for the holeshot and keep it out of the powder heading down the lake, plastic skis if you don't already have them. Jetting and clutching to accomodate the above. Don't race in full gear. Keep the weight off as much as you can including fuel. Pick your race, not his.

He can DEFINATELY be beaten with a good setup. My well tuned piped '97 SX 700 wasted 3 F6's over and over again on the lake last year. Out of the hole was the only time they were even close, and i only had trail studs in it with transfer rods.

i alread did the head gasket and i think the head might be shaved but im not sure im gonna check it do any of u know what is the tolarances in thousands i think u can go up to 25 thousands off the stock head i think my brotehr was like 35 or 40 and 50 is way to close i think

I spank my buddies f6 all the time with my xtc with little more than tripple pipes/jetting, no clutchwork, no headmod. tripple pipes/traction are the ticket!

i dont have the 500 bucks for triple pipes im lookin at maybe 300 tops this year im back in school and im not makin any money right now. im gonna prolly do teh clutch i have 144 studs and another 388 dirtbike screws in the lugs and i still spin i nee dmore weight transfer and to get up to tops speed in 800-1000 feet. any more littel ideas that could help me id love to hear them.

terret725 said:
i dont have the 500 bucks for triple pipes im lookin at maybe 300 tops this year im back in school and im not makin any money right now. im gonna prolly do teh clutch i have 144 studs and another 388 dirtbike screws in the lugs and i still spin i nee dmore weight transfer and to get up to tops speed in 800-1000 feet. any more littel ideas that could help me id love to hear them.
you really need a better track. studs dont do a thing on snow. a ripsaw will do more good than an extra 10hp!

i have a brand new Ultimate Traxtion Track on it from kimpex hooks up real nice im just light 135 pounds and i ahve viper skies in the front and they lowered teh front end a a inch and a half and i think that night have had somthing to do with it shifting the weight forward cause they dont ahve teh step on the ski sattle

Take all those studs out and put in ice picks or chissels depending on the ice conditions. Hard, clear ice use picks. Softer ice use chissels

all the money spent on helix's, springs, gears and other pissy crap like reeds that give you what 2 to 3 hp and you could have made a big dent in the cost on a set of triples. Opening up the exhaust on that engine is going to give you the greatest hp / dollar if you are really serious about beating that ditch pickle.

you are gonna have a hard time with a single pipe SX700R.
I have played with mine for 2 years now with reed spacers, 2 layers removed from head gasket, clutching, a new track and a can. I could never get the speed of those *(&(* F cats. This year it is being piped with AAen's and more clutching. You can find pipes on this site at a very resonable price.

all the pipes i looked at wre over 700 i dont have that kinda money right now not counting im doin some suspention work i need my middle shock rebuilt and i have ohlins so thast gonna coast a pretty peny plus im either goin with some transfer rods or the transfer enhancement kit from mountian perfomance and some clutchin along with that is way over this collage boys budget. im lookin at doin the clutchin maybe get the head shaved and then something in the rear suspention.

Just seen used pipes that would fit for under $500, but I can't remember where. I have seen them go as low as $350.

I just got pipes off this site for uder 275.00.
keep looking in the classifieds you will find some or post in items wanted.

Well, there's your answer. For $350.00 you will gain around 20+hp which puts you in your buddy's hp range. You won't find cheaper hp and clutching is not going to get you even close. Piping the SX is the answer. Been there, done that. There is no cheap way out for your problem. Pipe it and pic it and it'll git!!!!

Back