SXR700 and a F6 keeps takin it. need help

lol well im gonna do the rings and befor anything it has over 3000 on thoes rings. if i get the pipes and get it jeted right i should ahve any problems with it blowing up should i as long as i use 91 as a precotionary measur casue thats what i run any way

3000 miles those rings should still be good.....but if they're not you better replace them. Just be sure to get it jetted correctly for your temperature and elevation and you should be fine. The SXR's have sufficient cooling I would think.....be sure to use 91 octane gas like you said.

well i like to do rings every 2000 miles cause on my 500 when i waited to like 4000 the end of one of the rings was bent at a 90* and it was prolly only another few rides befor it cought on teh cylinder

do a leakdown test, or at LEAST a compression test. No reason to go replacing the rings if nothing is wrong with them, and the leak down will pretty much tell you.

you need special plugs and tools to do a leakdown test, most dealerships will have them, it measures how much air leaks past the rings...... Compression test will be fine in most cases.

ive been loookin in the classifieds and ive seen a few differnt ones tehres a set of aaen's that said that one of teh pipes has ben cracked and welded twice and then another set of power inc center dumps that are new what do u guys think on thoes 2 sets of pipes?

they are both good pipes. I have Aaen's myself....just got them a few weeks ago. The Aaens's are made with thin material but they are light weight.
I would not worry about the repair on the one pipe. He is giving them away at the price he is aksing. He did re-inforce where it was cracking. The cracking is usually cause by heating and then cooling real fast like alot of snow on them. Use a little exhaust wrap where it was cracked and where the pipes touch and you should have no problems.

yes those f6's are fast I had one last year.Then I put some clutchingh in it with heavy hitters and it really hauled but.I had it until the 3rd week in January and traded it in for another yamaha,lol

Back