78/79 SRX project

anyone heard of putting 36 or 38mm(not sure which one) carbs on a srx 440? local guy here that used to race them says everyone around here that races them doesn't have stock carbs. usually just 38 mm mikunis. i guess this guy knows alot about srxs, my friend that talk to him says i should go see him before i start getting into the motor and carbs.

TimeBomb...

The 1980 I bought had 36 mm on it, (I think), but I changed to 38's for a short period of time, but now have bored 44's on it. If you are in the need of some 38's let me know.

Kev

updated pics

ok, i've been working on them slowly since the 1st pics but haven't taken any pics till today. so here is the 79 stripped down to nothing but the chassis and i've got the motor out of the 78

Attachments

• srx project 79.jpg
    srx project 79.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 8
  • srx project 78.jpg
    srx project 78.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9
  • srx project 78m.jpg
    srx project 78m.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9
after i got the motor out of the 78' i really started to notice how bad a shape it is in. you can't see from the pic but the belly pan is torn open under where the motor was and the frame is bent on the right hand side. she's pretty much toast

both tracks are junk, i'm going to hafta get a new one somewhere and the 79 rear skid needs alot of tlc. hopefully when i get the skid out of the 78 i will be able to save some good parts from that one.

Back