My new yammie replacement

come on guys i think we are being a little judgemental on this guy. he is here saying his opinion which is fine i thought everyone had freedom of speech. plus i agree that the rev is lighter and rides really well, now i wouldnt buy one for the sheer reliability factor but hey this guy says hes not gonna be puttin that many miles on it anyway. i think were all bein a bit harsh i dont think this guy came on here to purposely bash yammies just giving his .02. everyones seems to be a bit on edge. take it easy. ;)! aaaahhh.

redsnake3 said:
i dont think this guy came on here to purposely bash yammies

Ummm... Then what did he come here for. Maybe he could explain that one to the group. But if he wants to give his two cents, there are skidoo forums for that. I don't see the point in signing on to a Yamaha website to say that he bought a skidoo because Yamaha's weren't "in his opinion" (and we all know what those are) to his liking.

Only thing I can figure is that he's here to pick a fight. It's not like he's a long time member that suddenly switched brands and is voicing his opinion why.

Anyway, enough said about that. I'm off to a skidoo website to tell them how much I like my Yamaha and why I opted not to look at Skidoo. OK, Just kidding.

Come on guys, he said he likes yamaha sleds, just that they dont make one that in his opinion (maybe he cant afford one) suits his riding style. If anybody that thinks their viper, srx, rx-1, vector, etc will hang with a rev in the rough is disillusioned. Revs are very good handling sleds for aggressive riders, and there is no doubt about it. Doo's may not be the perfect sled for you, but you have to be able to see that they are a better fit for some riders than anything yamaha has to offer (except maybe the '06s).

Cut the guy some slack, he's entitled to his opinion; and TY isnt like any other forum on the net, so people shouldnt act the way that they do on the other sites when somebody expresses their opinion.

There is no way that that REV renegade is under 500 pounds fully loaded. Not with stock shocks, seat, tunnel, rear suspension, rear rack, A-arms, head lights, wind shield, hood, and side panels. Not a chance.

There is no way that any 150 HP yamaha with a 136 is within 40 lbs of a renegade, try closer to 60-70 pounds. And call me crazy but being 15% heavier is alot of weight.

There is no denying that the REV rides better in the bumps and aggressive riding that the current crop of yamaha sleds. The REV chassis and suspension is what all others are compared against and nothing has beat it yet. Yes your sled may ride just fine for you, but if you have not taken a new REV into the bumps, jumps, or mountains then you simply are missing out.

Yes the Revs are not as reliable as yamahas, nothing is. But many of the ring and piston problems now seem to be remidied with the new power tech motors. And with doos semi-direct injection and powertek motors they are in the captains chair for high performance and enviro friendly two strokes and unless yamaha can find a way to lose 15% of the weight on their sleds then I will not be riding a four stroke, even if they can last 10,000 miles and use less fuel.

Yes that REV can be 150 HP very easily. A riding partner of mine has an 830 kit in his summit REV that is advertised at the mid 160s.

Last edited:
we are not talking about a modified 150 h.p. we are talking stock, if that was the case then why not turbo or supercharge a rx1 or apex or vector and get 300 h.p. and completely abolish the power to weight ratio. :yrules:

Back