My new yammie replacement

SHow me a 1999 Skidoo 700 with 12,000 KMs (like mine) that hasn't even had 1 single problem......Im still running the original god'dam track on my srx.....1-2 more seasons left in'r!!

Dont bother looking, cuz it aint gonna happen. Christ, most skidoo's you see for sale have rebuilt engines...some with 4-5 thousand KM's.....

Should I even begin talking about formula 3's???

Go Yamma, and drive home

Go Skidoo, and walk

I have a buddy that has a 2002 MXZ 700 and he has went threw 8 engines since 03, some pistions, rings, heads, crank ect. I told him to sell it after the second blow up but he never listen. Now with the cost of the sled, he's spent 23,000 bones on the P.O.S . Some guys have to learn the Hard way ;)!

my buddy has just lost his engine in his 05 mxzx 800 h.o. its only got 2000 kms for gods sake. every year i have to tow a few skidoos with my viper. ;)!
the only one i can think of with the 150 h.p. is the new 1000sdi. and i can guarantee they aint that light with a full tank. those things are pretty heavy.

lol

Kinda funny all u can say is it wont last 10,000 miles but cant address the wieght problem or the suspension problem. Guess what i dont keep a sled for 10,000 miles the technology moves way to fast to keep a sled that long. And in any brands there are motor probs with some and some run 10,000 miles. You aren't seeing my point I didnt leave yammie cause of thier motor I left cause there chassis sux and is way to heavy as is their current suspension.

I check every year with Yammies 1st before i get my new sled but they havent shaved enough weight or put a decent suspension like i said before there are getting closer and will be where I can by one again soon i hope.

I am not brand biased in anyway right now Ski doo has the best sled by far for the way I ride. To be brand biased I feel is ignorant as hell :o|

You're not seeing our point!!!

Im not going to speak for anyone else.....but I'll keep a sled that is 40 pounds heavier and also lasts 5x longer.....call me crazy!?!?!

Since you no longer have the Yammy, why are you still using this forum??? If you want to promote skipoos, go to a skidoo forum!

i Dont know where you get your info but all the mags are saying that yamaha has the best suspetion out right now and i herd the new suspention of yamahas is as good or even better the a M-10 . and lets not for get that the sled of the year is a yamaha. :yam: :yam: :die:

SRXKID said:
i Dont know where you get your info but all the mags are saying that yamaha has the best suspetion out right now and i herd the new suspention of yamahas is as good or even better the a M-10 . and lets not for get that the sled of the year is a yamaha. :yam: :yam: :die:

Yes, I've been reading these magazines also. I haven't ridden one, but I'm certian these tech riders know what they are talking about.

So,

argument #1: suspension
- Sounds like the new Yamis have the best.

argument #2: weight
- In 2002, I had an MXZ 600 and an SRX 700. About 50lbs difference between the two. Guess what, I really couldn't feel the weight difference. Ask anyone, Yami's have always felt light and nimble.

Sounds like revrider is just trying to reason for his purchase. No need to. I had a Rev last year and loved it! Sold it because I needed the cash. As long as he gets rid of it before the mileage gets up there, he should be doing alright.

No need to dump on Yamaha though.

One question revrider? If this is a new Yami replacement, that means you just had one, right? Did you just change forum name or just come over to bash?

Last edited:
man you shoulda got a nitro... tsk tsk... just think of it... you woulda saved alot more money if you woulda bought a yami because of the gas and the oil so... ya shoulda thought it over... but nice looking ski doo!

oh gees how original
not another rev on the trail this year
it is a nice sled but i had a (ski doo doo) before and ill never have one again it fell apart

my viper is 6000 kilometers old and running strong not a hitch (nock on wood)

the rev would be my second choice of sled next to every yamaha of course and that ncludes the most reliable one out there the bravo

Last edited:
Three Couisns of mine ride Doos....I do like the Revs. They are a hell of alot more comfortable than my Viper in the bumps. I can't wait to get a 4 stroke though. Something about Yammie that makes me not want to jump ship... Dependability, fit and finnish, smooth running.. :yrules: I will stay with Yammie.

I dont get the terrible suspension complaint. sounds like someone didnt test ride an apex first. and what kind of riding do you do? I like my viper. wish it had the monoshock skid, but this doesnt ride that bad. I am a trail rider and the viper is a great trail machine for me.

The guy must be pretty bored if he has time to go on a Yamaha website and trash them. Get a Life (I mean a Yamaha) you'll be much happier, and you won't have to go to any other website to try and "prove" how good your sled is. Why? because at the end of the day, you'll be so happy with your Yamaha that you won't feel that you have to justify it to anyone.

I wasn't happy with the ride or weight of the yamaha either, that is why i am sticking with the 97sx for me for trail riding its near perfect....the new skids are lacking but the yamaha torsion ski-doo copy rides better in my opinion than the mono....that last article i read on the NITRO it came in 4th place!! of the oem's.... :2strokes:

dad has an 05 vector. rides good. rode an 05 rx1, rides GREAT! I like the moni, seems all the writers do too. each to his own, competition makes the breed stronger :)

MXZXrevrider said:
Till Yammie gets thier weight problem under control I guess I will ride this

492lbs with a all fluid and a full tank of gas and 150+ hp

I would be happy if the yammies get to 500lbs with full tank

Till then I gotta ride a school bus

for about half the $$$ price you bought that sled for, you could have lightened up your yamaha 30 LBS plus put a much better skid in LOL

Last edited:

Back