What other Yamaha trailing arms fit srx!

CAM2

Does anyone know if yamaha made trailing arms for any other model that would work on a SRX? thanks

edunn69 said:
The older SX has the same arms. Look for the 'V' ID mark on the front.

How sure are that these work? when you say older, how much older? I don't want to doubt you, but can anyone else chime in and back this up! thanks

Also, a buddy of mine has a bent arm on his viper and mine is on an SRX. We both called the same dealer and the SRX trailing arm is 170.00. The viper trailing arm is 260.00. Thats crazy! Anyone heard of this or can someone explain why?

all others will FIT on the srx, but they have different caster angles which changes the handling characterisitics of the sled, such as steering response and feedback. Vipers have a higher spindle height than the others, which would raise the front end, but you need the longer spindles to go with them.

There are 4 different trailing arm versions.

SX/SRX are the same. ID mark = V 7" travel 40.9" ski stance
MM/PZML are the same. ID mark = S 6.7" travel 38.5" ski stance
All 9" 42.1" wide are the same. ID mark = R 9" travel 42.1" ski stance
All Vipers 8DM model are the same. ID mark = M 9" travel 42.1" ski stance

The difference is in caster, shock bracket angle, spindle. Look at the identification letter on the front of the arm to identify.

Last edited:
You can pick up aftermarket one for little money. I'm noy sure how long they will hold up. Local shop has all black OE knock offs for 54.00 Ea.

yamaholic22 said:
all others will FIT on the srx, but they have different caster angles which changes the handling characterisitics of the sled, such as steering response and feedback. Vipers have a higher spindle height than the others, which would raise the front end, but you need the longer spindles to go with them.

does this mean you could put viper trailing arms and spindles on an srx to raise the front end?

edunn69,
if the sx and srx are the same, why are their OEM part numbers different on the parts catalog at yamaha-motor.com website. 2000 srx- 8DF-2382E-01-00 ; 2000 SX 700r- 8CR-2382E-10-00.

edunn69 said:
There are 4 different trailing arm versions.

SX/SRX are the same. ID mark = V
MM/PZML are the same. ID mark = S
All 9" 42.1" wide are the same. ID mark = R
All Vipers are the same. ID mark = M

The difference is in caster, shock bracket angle, spindle. Look at the identification letter on the front of the arm to identify.

8DF-2382E-01-00 is a Blue "V" 7in travel sled
and the 8CR-2382E-10-00 is BLUE "R" 9 in travel sled

Tomseal, yws you can put Viper arms and spindles on a SRX, but it will only lift the front if you keep the GYT skis that have the high bolt location
100_4275_00.jpg

yup srxmaine is right. If you keep the stock 4.5" gyt skis and add viper trailing arms and spindles it will raise the front end, but if you put viper skis on you will be back at the same height. That is the reason for the longer spindles, to get the front end back up to the same height with the lower ski mounts.

Ok, i'm a little confused! I guess the point i'm trying to get across is that Kimplex offers a trailing arm throught Dennis Kirk for the SX,VMAX,Venture, and phazer models, but not the SRX. I was hoping that one of these would be work with an SRX.

the sx one will work on your srx. However, those kimpex or parts unlimited trailing arms are much weaker than the stock ones, much easier to tweak them. If you don't ride that hard and aren't too worried about it, go ahead and get the aftermarket, but if you really like to pound you are going to want an oem. Only good side i see to them is that when you do hit something, since the aftermarkets bend easier it is less likely to damage the rear trailing arm mount in the process, which sometimes happens with oem arms.

SX and SX-R are different. The caster on the SX and SRX is 23.5 degrees and the SX-R is 25.5 degrees. See me post above again and I will add more info.

Last edited:
so if i buy viper trailing arms, viper spindles, and use the stock oem srx skis i can lift it an inch or 2?

so if i buy viper trailing arms, viper spindles, and use the stock oem srx skis i can lift it an inch or 2?
1 inch is about it, but only with the GYT's NOT the newer low saddle or saddless type

(Ex.)If you put the skis from the SRX on the right(pic) onto the Venture on the left,
it would raise it an inch
You can clearly see the difference in spindle height here
yamahafrontarms.jpg

thanks, you couldnt have made it more clear.. i need some viper trailing arm and viper spindles. i want to raise my 02 srx up a little

yup that will get you the lift you need tom. You could also pull your upper shock mounts, do a little grinding on them, flip them over and swap sides. That will give you a solid 1"-1.25" lift on the front end, but your radius rods will have more angle to them.

Well after alot of research and some of your helpful tips I decided to go for broke. I was concidering trying the kimplex arm until yamaholic gave me some very valuable advice. instead, I called every aftermarket trailing arm company I could find: powerlite, sno-tek, northern lites, altenative impact, cb performance. I'm soooo sick of breaking cheap trailing arms and paying 180.00 a pop from the dealer. Also, trying to find a GOOD used set is near impossible. I went with cb performce T6 heat treated aluminums. They were the best place to deal with and very helpful. I called one of the others and the guy told me that I would have to buy one of his special bushing kits for and extra 20 bucks for his arms to work. LOL, I pretty much hung the phone up on that one. Anyway, I hope this cures my problems for a while.

Thanks for all your tips! special thanks to yamaholic and endunn69!
:yrules:

Back