Okay, Boys, let's talk tires !!

I've got 3 superduties at the moment 01', 03', and an 05' . Ive got workhorses on 1 BFG all terrain's on and goodyear mt/r on the other. BFG's are the best all around epecially in slush/ light snow, deep snow i like the lug tires, plow with all 3, workhorses are good for a heavy truck but thy are hard and wear like iron! mtr's are loud, dig like hell and wear moderately. all terrains wear well, have good highway manners and handle all conditons. I chose these tires after experimenting with many brands/styles, many tires have a more solid outside sections which resists chopping but this prohibits them from doing well in slush. Also some tires have a tread design in which once the tire is worn 1/2 way the center belt is solid and the tires perform poorly after they begin to wear. The tires i mentioned have full tread to the wear bars without becoming a solid section enabling more mileage with better traction however need to be rotated more frequently.

Hey, I also had a set of Yoko AT2s's, and while they were pretty good when new, they got very noisy after awhile, and then we started to notice alot of cracking around the lugs. They were on my 95 Grand Cherokee, and we took it off road alot, sand dunes, some mud, etc. They were pretty much worn out at about 35k miles...

They are alot cheaper than BFG's though...depends on what you're looking for.

i run the bridgestone dueler revos on my f150...love them....i have buddies that are running BF Goodrich All terrains and love them too....i dont think the duellers are quite as loud but having said that....the BF's arent as loud as some people said they would be...ive ridden in my friends trucks..
i'm sure you'd be extremely happy with either of the above...both are goodlooking tires too...for me it came down to price....i got a good price on the duelers

I run the revos on my sport trac and I always laugh when i pass some guys pulling big trailers. If you go to the tire rack.com website you'll see how your tires compare to the other ones. Great prices on tires, cheapest for bridgestone dueler revos

lets see bfg all terrains work great in snow, sluch, rain, lite mud, great tread ware, gonna put same tire back on this summer.
on the wifes jeep we put procomp Xterrains 33/12.50/15s on 15x10in wheels, now you have a different animal, I have never found a place or a terrain that these tires don't excell on, great tire, ware is a little more but great tire.

If cash isn't too much of a worry, you CAN NOT beat a set of winter tires. They will outperform any all season and even mud and snow tire out there. It's plain and simple, the winter rubber is a much softer compound and makes for superior traction. It wears out quickly on dry pavement though.
A good set of all seasons is still going to do the job, but winter tires are disigned for just that - Winter! I've felt the difference and I will never go back.

Back