Tips for heel clicker clutching

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always run 660'...Don't want to go any father...The engine has some good cranking comprestion @ 165 lbs per cylinder...Running VP-12 race fuel..I'll E-mail ya some pics..Thanx..

hc help

ok let me get started here...i have a 01 mm700 i run hc's with a stright 43 helex,22/39 grearing,141 yoko 1.1 track with 116 1.325 studs i want to get a good 660 foot setup,i have all the free mods done.i can't change my bottom gear but i have more top gears that i can change if i have too. my rpm right now is 8300, any help would be great...reddog

mrviper what is the difference between HC and heavy hitters.
And by the way when you are as good as you are the mr in your name should be in caps. MRviper.
Anyways I was thinking maybe HC or heavy hitters for my piped SXR.

Any hc set ups for a 2001 mm, stock with reednotch and a hauck headgasket?
Where do I start? I want a trail set up that hopefully does the same thing that it did on the srx, lowers clutch temps over stock. I like how the hc's really grab the belt when engaging, and backshifts fast in the primary.
I will have a 43 deg helix, yamaha green, hauck green and hauck red to choose from. Gearing is 21/40. It's jetted 141,3 in pto and center and 142,5 in mag, (it should be the other that is bigger?)
I will be using the 40-10s. I have all the tuning hardware and a gram scale if facing/grinding is needed.

By the way, thanks alot for the srx set up, worked really well and keeps the dcs light off pretty much all of the time. I can go maybe for a km or so at wot before it activates when jetted rich..

Last edited:
40/10,s in a 700 mm? Been der dun dat. 4-5 grams heel, 3.2 gram bolt inner with tip empty & stock secondary. use the red primary spring.

How about 45-7Y. Should the base be loaded heavy and nothing in the midddle or tip. I imagine I will need to add a little weigh to the tip. Running Aeen pipes and need to pull 9000. Would like to start with a 48-42 helix. At this point looking for a trail / drag set up till I get rear skid figured out (M-10).

Thanks
Light weight 700MM, ported, 19cc peak Head, Reeds and Spacers, Boost Bottle

I would run no tip weight because you have a 42 degree finish angle(your gonna be loading the engine via the secondary clutch) and to turn 9000 rpm, you wont be able to pull any weight out there.

Easiest way to tune these is to start from the heel and work out to the tip, load up the heel and get it to grasp the belt and provide a nice clean engine rev sweep, keep loading it until it bogs the engine on take off, then back it off a little. on snow usualy about 4000rpm engagement speed is plenty, more then this and you simply will spin and then overshift the clutch's.

Then move out to the middle hole, get the engine to sweep the tach smoothly up to peak rpm, its ok to be under peak a couple hundred rpm and let it climb.

????

What do you think about the heavy hitters or thundershift weights. Do you think I can get enogh weight in the bottom of the weight. I wonder how this would work in the Mountains. I still have the 14.5 rollers, thundershift weights and last time out was pulling 9400 at about 5000'

Thanks for your time

I have a 03 viper stock except with a 136 track. I needed new rollers and weights so I decided to purchase the original heel clicker clutch kit and I bought new 14.5 mm rollers. From what I have been reading in the thread I purchased the wrong size rollers… is that true? I am a basic trail rider nothing special just looking for a little more performance compared to stock. When I purchased it the person I talked to said the original h/c would give me better acceleration and more top end both is that true? What is the best set up for the vipers with the original h/c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back